The Belmont Undercard

Re: The Belmont Undercard

Postby stark » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:40 pm

Does the Queen need to be licensed as owner in NY?
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark
 
Posts: 3637
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Re: The Belmont Undercard

Postby peeptoad » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:30 am

BEL6: #3 Pocket Change
BEL8: #6 Cambodia
BEL9: #10 Bee Jersey
BEL10: #2 One Go All Go

a little bird is telling me to bet Gimmeminit in the Woody Stephens too. :?:
peeptoad
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: The Belmont Undercard

Postby Treve » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:52 am

Kanthaka has been scratched out of the Woody Stephens due to a bruised heel, which I'm pretty bummed about since I thought he had a good chance.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Treve
 
Posts: 3940
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: The Belmont Undercard

Postby Horsebagger » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:11 am

Doesn't look to pay much, but let's get some early action going with the Race 2 pick 4, but maybe we get Monomoy Girl beat going 1 turn and fund the rest of the day with a filly who has a perfect post and a huge rider upgrade (Talk Veuve to Me). If not, no harm, no foul.

2nd - 2, 3, 6
3rd - 2, 6, 7
4th - 3, 7
5th - 2, 3, 8, 9

Another TC today? In the words of our "President" when he has no idea and doesn't want to look clueless and uniformed ......'we'll see what happens'. Good luck to all.
Horsebagger
 
Posts: 1905
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Re: The Belmont Undercard

Postby Starine » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:00 am

Thoughts:

*I was wrong about Mind Your Biscuits. I didn't think he would fire after his big Dubai effort and I certainly didn't expect him to do it going a mile. But he nearly got it done.

*After opening his season with a sharp second in the Turf Classic at a distance far shorter than his best, Beach Patrol finishing last in the Manhattan was a real head-scratcher.

*Like many, I was delighted with Hoppertunity's win in the Brooklyn. He clearly enjoys the Belmont oval and it was fun to see him not only run down the field but do so with his ears pricked.

*The Jaipur field was outstanding. I'm really hoping they make this race a grade I, especially as few as there are for turf sprinters in this country.
User avatar
Starine
 
Posts: 3798
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: The Belmont Undercard

Postby sweettalk » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:34 am

Starine wrote:Thoughts:

*I was wrong about Mind Your Biscuits. I didn't think he would fire after his big Dubai effort and I certainly didn't expect him to do it going a mile. But he nearly got it done.

*After opening his season with a sharp second in the Turf Classic at a distance far shorter than his best, Beach Patrol finishing last in the Manhattan was a real head-scratcher.

*Like many, I was delighted with Hoppertunity's win in the Brooklyn. He clearly enjoys the Belmont oval and it was fun to see him not only run down the field but do so with his ears pricked.

*The Jaipur field was outstanding. I'm really hoping they make this race a grade I, especially as few as there are for turf sprinters in this country.

these, but i want to add bolt d'oro finish last as weird. i'd drop him in class and get his confidence up, or give him a break unless he's recently had one.
Get out to Lenny’s for their big grand opening sale. Find eight government secrets and get a free kidnapping and personality reassignment so that you’ll forget you found them!
User avatar
sweettalk
 
Posts: 1941
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: The Belmont Undercard

Postby Flanders » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:53 am

stark wrote:Does the Queen need to be licensed as owner in NY?

Every owner that races in NY has to have an owner's license. I don't think they would change the rules because she is The Queen.
User avatar
Flanders
 
Posts: 2597
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: The Belmont Undercard

Postby Flanders » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:19 am

sweettalk wrote:these, but i want to add bolt d'oro finish last as weird. i'd drop him in class and get his confidence up, or give him a break unless he's recently had one.

The owner/trainer had already mentioned how he very much wants to win the Pacific Classic. So if he still feels that way, there is no time for a break. I guess he will get his break when he retires in January.
User avatar
Flanders
 
Posts: 2597
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: The Belmont Undercard

Postby Treve » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:04 pm

I finally got to watch the replay for the Brooklyn, good ol' Hopper <3
He did well to win after all that repeated interference from the #3 (Take Your Guns?)
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Treve
 
Posts: 3940
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Previous

Return to Racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Charlie, Google [Bot], judmor and 15 guests