Touring Lexington

Touring Lexington

Postby Ballerina » Wed May 16, 2018 10:19 am

We've been here since the 9th, and we've visited friends, attended the Sgt. Reckless dedication, some treasured time t Old Friends, spent some time visiting breweries and distilleries - Alltech and Buffalo Trace One would think we're alcoholics with all the hooch where're dragging home. And just driving through the back roads of the glorious Blue Grass

But the serious venture begins tomorrow.

Tomorrow morning we visit Three Chimneys Stallion Farm. It's where Gun Runner resides. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas. Can't wait to see my baby boy again. Wonder if he'll recognize us.

Tomorrow afternoon we go to Taylor Made Farm for a visit with California Chrome as well as their mares and foals and HAVE a lunch while there.

Friday we go on a farm tour - Katie Rich Farm to see the ghost horse, Lisa's Booby Trap, and the mares and foals of that farm. Hill n' Dale to see the mighty Curlin and the other stallions, and Normandy Farm.

Saturday morning - out to Charles Lopresti's Forest Lane Farm to see WISE DAN. That's a hoot. Can't wait to see him again. I anoint myself his #1 fan. Saw all of his races at Saratoga in person and spent so much time with him when he was barned there, I definitely could be called a groupie.

Saturday afternoon - party at Taylor Made Farm where we'll also view the Preakness. GO JUSTIFY.

Sunday, most likely, we'll head home to Virginia where we prepare for our 50th anniversary party.
Ballerina

Re: Touring Lexington

Postby Della » Wed May 16, 2018 10:23 am

What a great vacation - and then your 50th wedding anniversary. Congratulations!
Della

Postby Della » Wed May 16, 2018 10:23 am

What a great vacation - and then your 50th wedding anniversary. Congratulations!
Della

Postby stark » Wed May 16, 2018 10:27 am

Della wrote:What a great vacation - and then your 50th wedding anniversary. Congratulations!

Yep, that was worth repeating ;)
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Ballerina » Wed May 16, 2018 10:43 am

Thanks, Della. :-)
Ballerina

Postby Diver52 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:34 am

I think my fan friend and I are "Derbyed out" after last week although we only braved CD for the Oaks--but I'd like to go back at a less hectic time. I'm really sorry to have missed 3 Chimneys open house but by the time we confirmed that, we'd arranged other tours. Of course we thought we'd see plenty of stallions at Coolmore and Taylor Made, but it was mostly AP and Chrome.

We did the "Chrome Experience" and the description was that we would have a post-tour early dinner at the bar & grill, but they let us have pre-tour lunch instead which suited our schedule better.

And I need to do more Bourbon tasting too--improve my palate!

Continue having a great time!
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Diver52

Postby Squeaky » Wed May 16, 2018 11:46 am

Sounds like fun! Congrats on your anniversary. What a great place to root for our big boy!
Squeaky

Postby FlyToTheStars » Wed May 16, 2018 12:19 pm

Sound like fun! Say hello to Midnight Lute for me!

I am starting to make plans for my June 2nd trip down to Lexington.
FlyToTheStars

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:51 pm

Bal, your itinerary is giving me a serious case of horse envy. :lol:
It all sounds wonderful, but IMHO watching the Preakness from a party at Taylor Made takes the cake. Will TM employees be part of the party?
And a very Happy Anniversary to you and your wonderful hubby. (BTW, are The Little Darlings with you? Or being baby sat at home?) ;)
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Ballerina » Wed May 16, 2018 4:04 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Bal, your itinerary is giving me a serious case of horse envy. :lol:
It all sounds wonderful, but IMHO watching the Preakness from a party at Taylor Made takes the cake. Will TM employees be part of the party?

And a very Happy Anniversary to you and your wonderful hubby. (BTW, are The Little Darlings with you? Or being baby sat at home?) ;)

I'm not sure who will be at the TM Preakness party. We will also be at Taylor Made tomorrow afternoon for the California Chrome Experience.

The Little/Big Darlings are with us celebrating their 6 year old birthday today. Where does the time go? We don't go anywhere without them. Thanks for the anniversary wishes. I'm a lucky woman to be married to the best man in the whole wide world - best man for me, that is.
Ballerina

Next

Return to Racing