TVG

BaroqueAgain1

Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:56 pm

Well, maybe 'amazing' is too strong a word. They just showed a TVG statement that explained that this coverage goes through the end of Churchill's September meet. Today's the 20th, so we're getting a whole (if I've counted correctly :P) eight days.
woo hoo.
stark

Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:59 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:56 pm
Well, maybe 'amazing' is too strong a word. They just showed a TVG statement that explained that this coverage goes through the end of Churchill's September meet. Today's the 20th, so we're getting a whole (if I've counted correctly :P) eight days.
woo hoo.
Caleb Keller
‏@calebtvg

Churchill Downs will be on @TVG again for their fall meet!

https://twitter.com/calebtvg/status/1056217065378459648
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:04 pm

Does that mean that the Breeders' Cup races will be shown on TVG next weekend, at least up until NBC's coverage starts? That would be great, since even NBCSN's coverage tends to miss the early races on the card.
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:24 pm

Simon and Todd just said some goodbyes to Tom Cassidy, who is apparently no longer going to be on-air as a full-time host. He's going to working within the 'organization' (Betfair, I presume?) on 'industry relations.'
He'll be back on-air for next spring's Monmouth meeting.
Couldn't we swap Schtupp for Cassidy? :roll:
Forry Cow How

Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:25 am

Due to dropping cable tv earlier this year and going with a cheap streaming package, I wondered how I was going to watch the Breeders' Cup races not shown on NBC (which I get OTA) on my tv. Turns out the Breeders' Cup website streams all of the races using a "player's feed (Churchill's?)", so I watched that. I could mirror it to my tv. The Samsung browser on my tv didn't support the video. I use Twinspires, so I could watch the races there, too. I had RTN for a bit, but they don't carry Churchill (surprise, surprise) and don't have an app for the Apple TV yet. Mostly I watch NYRA and they have a great free app.
Katewerk

Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:05 pm

Forry Cow How wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:25 am
Due to dropping cable tv earlier this year and going with a cheap streaming package, I wondered how I was going to watch the Breeders' Cup races not shown on NBC (which I get OTA) on my tv. Turns out the Breeders' Cup website streams all of the races using a "player's feed (Churchill's?)", so I watched that. I could mirror it to my tv. The Samsung browser on my tv didn't support the video. I use Twinspires, so I could watch the races there, too. I had RTN for a bit, but they don't carry Churchill (surprise, surprise) and don't have an app for the Apple TV yet. Mostly I watch NYRA and they have a great free app.
RTN did carry the Breeders Cup days from Churchill, so there's that.
Forry Cow How

Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:37 am

Oh, that's good to know that RTN did carry the Breeders' Cup. If they come out with an Apple TV app, I will subscribe to them again.