G3 Lexington Stakes

Re: G3 Lexington Stakes

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:28 pm

Treve wrote:Is it bad I'm relieved Greyvitos didn't get enough points to go run for the roses?

Not as far as I'm concerned. And I feel the same about Machismo in the Arkansas Derby. I think they both are real nice horses, no need to rush them.
Sparrow Castle

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:48 am

I felt bad for Machismo. Running two preps within seven days left him running on empty and he backed up badly after about half the race. :(
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Treve » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:48 am

Hopefully they'll back off him a little and give him enough of a break to come back for the summer.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby carole » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:56 pm

Treve wrote:Hopefully they'll back off him a little and give him enough of a break to come back for the summer.

If we're talking about Machismo here, it's unlikely. His owner's Twitter page is filled with tweets and retweets of people supporting running in back to back weeks. Ok that was fair enough back in the day because everyone was doing it but now it's totally different and horses seem more fragile to me. Here's the owner's page:
https://twitter.com/LooochRacing
carole

Postby sweettalk » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:19 pm

those are the types of owners that don't need horses.
Get out to Lenny’s for their big grand opening sale. Find eight government secrets and get a free kidnapping and personality reassignment so that you’ll forget you found them!
sweettalk

Postby Northport » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:25 pm

Treve wrote:Is it bad I'm relieved Greyvitos didn't get enough points to go run for the roses?

nope.

I didn't know Machismo was owned by Paolucci... suddenly everything makes sense.
weeeeeeeee
Northport

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:39 pm

If they didn't race Machismo on Lasix, I might feel a little better about it. Along with the wear and tear on young still-developing horses, I think the negative affects of Lasix takes time to recover from.
Sparrow Castle

Postby Treve » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:22 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:If they didn't race Machismo on Lasix, I might feel a little better about it. Along with the wear and tear on young still-developing horses, I think the negative affects of Lasix takes time to recover from.

Bingo. It's why it is still more common to see back to back races and shorter turn arounds more routinely overseas, and partially why US racing has shifted to more spacing out.

But yeah I was talking about Machismo... didn't realize he was owned by Loooch racing :?
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby Starine » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:46 pm

Izvestia wrote:Nice call Starine on Telekinesis. He ruined my super, I should have listened to you!

Thanks. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while, eh? ;)
Starine

Previous

Return to Racing