2018 Two-year-olds

User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 1165
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:30 pm

Galilean Makes Career Dubut a Winning One in Barretts Juvenile Stakes

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/thor ... le-stakes/
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 1165
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:59 pm

Fog of War is out for the year with injury, according to DRF.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
tcw
Posts: 1089
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:18 am

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:19 pm

A very nice work by DMR Futurity champ Game Winner heading into the American Pharoah, where he'll take on Instagrand. He appears to have all of the physical attributes and pedigree going forward... really curious to see how he fares.
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4392
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:22 pm

tcw wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:19 pm
A very nice work by DMR Futurity champ Game Winner heading into the American Pharoah, where he'll take on Instagrand. He appears to have all of the physical attributes and pedigree going forward... really curious to see how he fares.
I thought Instagrand was taking the rest of the year off?
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
tcw
Posts: 1089
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:18 am

Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:20 am

Treve wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:22 pm
tcw wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:19 pm
A very nice work by DMR Futurity champ Game Winner heading into the American Pharoah, where he'll take on Instagrand. He appears to have all of the physical attributes and pedigree going forward... really curious to see how he fares.
I thought Instagrand was taking the rest of the year off?
Thanks, I stand corrected. So, GW is going to run against Instagrand's stablemate, the same horse he defeated in the DMR Futurity. Sounds like the owner just doesn't want to run his better horse against GW at this point
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4392
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:29 am

The owner opined he doesn’t believe in the triple crown he finds his horse runs hard and is hard on himself so his gut feeling is that the horse should have the rest of the year off even if the trainer didn’t agree.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9879
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:43 pm

This isn't the first time that an owner's instincts have conflicted with Hollendorfer's opinion.
In Songbird's case, the owner was right, so maybe Instagrand's owner is as well.
tcw
Posts: 1089
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:18 am

Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:54 pm

Awesome performance by Game Winner in winning the American Pharoah at SA. The sky's the limit for this one and it's great that long time owners Gary and Mary West have a very nice 2 yo. He has all the tools physically as well as pedigree, hopefully he stays healthy and continues to progress toward next year's classics.
User avatar
Diver52
Posts: 1629
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:44 pm
Location: Redlands, CA

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:18 am

Love Game Winner's pedigree--Candy Ride x an A.P. Indy mare, who is out of Fleet Indian IIRC. Very nice effort.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
tcw
Posts: 1089
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:18 am

Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:17 am

A 97 BSF for Game Winner.
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 1165
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:45 pm

Bellafina Dominant Again in Chandelier

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... chandelier
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 1165
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:49 pm

Forty Under on Top in Pilgrim Stakes

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... rim-stakes
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4050
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:23 pm

Like grey fillies? Then the 14-horse Alcibiades (gr. I) should be extra appealing.

Featuring Restless Rider, Catherinethegreat, Boujie Girl and Somewhere.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... fall-stand
tcw
Posts: 1089
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:18 am

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:34 pm

Diver52 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:18 am
Love Game Winner's pedigree--Candy Ride x an A.P. Indy mare, who is out of Fleet Indian IIRC. Very nice effort.
Dittos on GW's pedigree - it's outstanding. I heard BB on Byk's radio show mention that if you happen to get a good Candy Ride, that they can be REALLY good.

Pedigree aside, something that I noticed and also heard someone else mention, that GW's right front leg action looks "different" when he runs. I noticed it during the front and rear straight-on stretch videos in the AP... not sure how to describe it, but his right front leg appears to swing out more when he runs. Perhaps that's just my imagination, but regardless he's very talented and has run "lights-out" so far, and should only get better with distance.
User avatar
ElPrado2
Posts: 1627
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:45 pm

Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:38 pm

Go, Somewhere!🤣
I have her in a fantasy stable.😘
thinair
Posts: 1629
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:31 am

Surprising that perhaps the most exciting 2YO in the country, Newspaperofrecord, isn't even mentioned in this thread. Her win in Sunday's Miss Grillo was quite the eye opener....


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI83ftFv9PE
User avatar
ElPrado2
Posts: 1627
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:45 pm

Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:33 am

Claiborne Breeders' Futurity GR 1

PP's 1 -14 in order
Signalman
Sombeyay
Fluminense
Unionizer
Dream Maker
Everlast
Knicks Go
Tobacco Road
Moonster
Mr Ankeny
Borracho
Derby Date
Mind Control
Standard Deviation
Auburndee
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:12 pm

Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:33 pm

tcw wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:34 pm
Diver52 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:18 am
Love Game Winner's pedigree--Candy Ride x an A.P. Indy mare, who is out of Fleet Indian IIRC. Very nice effort.
Dittos on GW's pedigree - it's outstanding. I heard BB on Byk's radio show mention that if you happen to get a good Candy Ride, that they can be REALLY good.

Pedigree aside, something that I noticed and also heard someone else mention, that GW's right front leg action looks "different" when he runs. I noticed it during the front and rear straight-on stretch videos in the AP... not sure how to describe it, but his right front leg appears to swing out more when he runs. Perhaps that's just my imagination, but regardless he's very talented and has run "lights-out" so far, and should only get better with distance.
That front leg action is noted rather often on the Candy Rides: Shared Belief and Sidney's Candy had it too. (I have a theory that Candy Ride just throws south-paws.)
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 1165
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:18 pm

Knicks Go at 70-1???

Korea????
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
Post Reply