Mendelssohn

Re: Mendelssohn

Postby MySaladDays » Mon May 14, 2018 7:15 pm

Moon absolutely belonged in the Derby. I mean, he did earn his berth.

HOwever, bolting and drifting are not at all the same problem. Not at all. He does both, although it may be related to the same REASON in the horse's head, they are actually very different.

Pletcher did a lousy job there. I really wish Moon had a differernt conditioner, but he may just be a late developer and/or have some bad habits that there wasn't time to fix.

I hold out hope for him but I think pletcher didn't teach him right
MySaladDays

Postby Ballerina » Mon May 14, 2018 10:19 pm

barbaro111 wrote:
I wish i could move to Canada-- i despise living in a country in which Trump is president: he is an embarassment to the United States.

Since you want to drag politics into it, I, too, wish you'd move to Canada. :-)
Ballerina

Postby Private Thoughts » Mon May 14, 2018 10:47 pm

So tired of people ragging on Trump. Even in racing forums. Unemployment is at record lows but lets continue to b*tch about the man.

Our family's life has improved 100% with him as president. EVERYONE is working at great paying jobs. Something that was not happening under Obummer. My son went from making $7.50/hour to $14.60/hour. He is doing what he said for the most part and the sore losers need to get a life. If moving to Canada is what makes your life complete, by all means, you are free to do so.

So go Trump and go Mendelssohn. :D
Private Thoughts

Postby Miss Woodford » Mon May 14, 2018 11:44 pm

Private Thoughts wrote:So tired of people ragging on Trump. Even in racing forums. Unemployment is at record lows but lets continue to b*tch about the man.

Our family's life has improved 100% with him as president. EVERYONE is working at great paying jobs. Something that was not happening under Obummer. My son went from making $7.50/hour to $14.60/hour. He is doing what he said for the most part and the sore losers need to get a life. If moving to Canada is what makes your life complete, by all means, you are free to do so.

Miss Woodford

Postby Katewerk » Mon May 14, 2018 11:46 pm

Miss Woodford wrote:
Private Thoughts wrote:So tired of people ragging on Trump. Even in racing forums. Unemployment is at record lows but lets continue to b*tch about the man.

We're watching our energy industry walk away due to regulation and political roadblocks, with the winking approval of our Prime Minister and his handlers. A President/Prime Minister may not be able to move economies forward, bu they can sure as hell kill them dead.
Katewerk

Postby katmandu » Tue May 15, 2018 1:03 am

I think we can agree this is sublime and much more on topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K67o86CS5uo
katmandu

Postby ThreeMustangs » Tue May 15, 2018 1:10 am

katmandu wrote:I think we can agree this is sublime and much more on topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K67o86CS5uo

Thank you for providing a change of subject. It was lovely.
ThreeMustangs

Postby FlyToTheStars » Tue May 15, 2018 9:10 am

I would think the Travers Stakes is in his radar. I wonder if O'Brien is only aiming for one race prior the breeders cup then send him back home then come back to run in the Classic? I do not think that is do-able since he would be extremely lightly raced for this year. Are they considering a 4 year old season or it is the breeding shed?
FlyToTheStars

Postby Treve » Tue May 15, 2018 11:46 am

FlyToTheStars wrote:I would think the Travers Stakes is in his radar. I wonder if O'Brien is only aiming for one race prior the breeders cup then send him back home then come back to run in the Classic? I do not think that is do-able since he would be extremely lightly raced for this year. Are they considering a 4 year old season or it is the breeding shed?

He mentioned two, sooner after the Derby, initially, unless they plan to run him on grass a bit in Europe to keep him in racing shape? But I'm not sure how beneficial that would be to him.

Coolmore hasn't announced anything for him, but since they own him entirely it doesn't seem to be rare for them to run their future studs as older males for at least one season. I guess that will largely depend on his performances this year and what he does or doesn't win.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby stark » Tue May 15, 2018 12:08 pm

Treve wrote:He mentioned two, sooner after the Derby, initially, unless they plan to run him on grass a bit in Europe to keep him in racing shape? But I'm not sure how beneficial that would be to him.

Coolmore hasn't announced anything for him, but since they own him entirely it doesn't seem to be rare for them to run their future studs as older males for at least one season. I guess that will largely depend on his performances this year and what he does or doesn't win.

Wouldn't a return trip to Dubai be a more logical goal than the BreedersCupChurchillClassic?
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

PreviousNext

Return to Racing