Mendelssohn

Re: Mendelssohn

Postby Treve » Tue May 15, 2018 12:26 pm

stark wrote:
Treve wrote:He mentioned two, sooner after the Derby, initially, unless they plan to run him on grass a bit in Europe to keep him in racing shape? But I'm not sure how beneficial that would be to him.

Coolmore hasn't announced anything for him, but since they own him entirely it doesn't seem to be rare for them to run their future studs as older males for at least one season. I guess that will largely depend on his performances this year and what he does or doesn't win.

Wouldn't a return trip to Dubai be a more logical goal than the BreedersCupChurchillClassic?

The long term goal for this horse has always been the Classic, I suspect. I mean they wanted him to be a Derby horse of course and have stated as much but the Classic...
It's the one Dirt race Coolmore hasn't won (whether as individual owners or as a partnership) that they want badly. It's the Dirt race they seem to respect the most in terms of prestige, stud value etc. etc. More than the Dubai World Cup (though that could also have something to do with the DWC's timing). I don't think they've even bothered to send their c-string horses to it in a while (at least not in recent renewals).
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Previous

Return to Racing