G1 Santa Anita Handicap Saturday

Post Reply
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9560
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:33 pm

TVG just announced that Hop is out of the Big Cap. :(
stark
Posts: 3968
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:57 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:TVG just announced that Hop is out of the Big Cap. :(
Jay Privman
‏@DRFPrivman

Baffert said both Mubtaahij and Hoppertunity could join West Coast in Dubai World Cup. Hoppertunity was scratched yesterday owing to off track. West Coast goes for sure. Re: other two, decision in about 1 1/2 weeks.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Izvestia
Posts: 3783
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:08 pm

Accelerate has quietly put together a good resume, although in all honesty he’s a G2 horse who won the weakest (?) SA Handicap I’ve seen. Where are the older horses?
stark
Posts: 3968
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:28 pm

Northport wrote:Probably when Ria Antonia was moved to Amoss from Baffert after a 7th place run in the Oaks so that she could be prepped for the Preakness, where she finished last. Or when War Story was transferred to his 5th, 6th, 7th, trainer. Or when he tried to enter Heavenhasmynikki in the Breeder’s Cup Juvenile Fillies as her first ever race.

He definitely... has opinions

https://twitter.com/LooochRacing/status ... 3174168577
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
carole
Posts: 2335
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:57 pm

stark wrote:
Northport wrote:Probably when Ria Antonia was moved to Amoss from Baffert after a 7th place run in the Oaks so that she could be prepped for the Preakness, where she finished last. Or when War Story was transferred to his 5th, 6th, 7th, trainer. Or when he tried to enter Heavenhasmynikki in the Breeder’s Cup Juvenile Fillies as her first ever race.

He definitely... has opinions

https://twitter.com/LooochRacing/status ... 3174168577
This is THE argument that has convinced me! This man is God’s gift to racing!
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9560
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:10 pm

I heard some talk on TVG that Santa Anita may consider moving the Big 'Cap to a different spot on the racing calendar. Possible new dates might be a week earlier, in order to provide a prep for the Dubai World Cup, late in December for horses headed to The Pegasus, or even sometime in the summer to get away from both high-dollar behemoths.
It's kind of sad that the Big 'Cap has become a shadow of its former glory. I think the last great Big 'Cap may have been 2014 when Da Dude beat Will Take Charge and Mucho Macho Man in what may have been his finest performance.
MR-W
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:46 pm

Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:43 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I heard some talk on TVG that Santa Anita may consider moving the Big 'Cap to a different spot on the racing calendar. Possible new dates might be a week earlier, in order to provide a prep for the Dubai World Cup, late in December for horses headed to The Pegasus, or even sometime in the summer to get away from both high-dollar behemoths.
It's kind of sad that the Big 'Cap has become a shadow of its former glory. I think the last great Big 'Cap may have been 2014 when Da Dude beat Will Take Charge and Mucho Macho Man in what may have been his finest performance.
I read where most likely the Big 'Cap will replace the Gold Cup and be moved somewhere around Memorial weekend.
Post Reply