Justify

Catalina

Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:59 pm

Plenilune wrote:Breeders’ Cup Classic 2018 odds: Justify off the board

"In the most recent update of 2018 Breeders’ Cup Classic odds from the Wynn Las Vegas, Triple Crown winner Justify has been removed from the board."

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/ ... _board_123

Wonder what this is all about? Just a precaution?
I think the horse was officially taken out of training, and that probably by definition drops him off the futures list.
Starine

Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:59 pm

Hovdey: Doing the Smarty thing with Justify
http://www.drf.com/news/hovdey-doing-sm ... ng-justify
barbaro111

Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:14 pm

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/ ... ustify_123

No Pac Classic or Travers for Justify--- i dont see him in the Classic either----
honneerider

Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:52 pm

Time to move on......
Ballerina

Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:55 pm

Baffert says "holding pattern" Here w go again - hope, then disappointment, and now hope. :roll:

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/bree ... g-pattern/
Kurenai
Site Admin

Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:15 am

I'm pretty sure they already have results and know what is wrong with him, so I don't get the whole "holding pattern". Just say if he has a minor injury and you gotta wait and see if it heals in time. :roll: My best guess is that there's stuff going on with Coolmore in the background and they don't want/can't talk about it. I'm also puzzled (once again :lol: ) with the idea of parading him. Unless they're letting him down already. Who in their right mind would risk the horse getting upset, rearing etc and aggravate things. Then again that might be some more press blablabla. :lol:
Treve

Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:33 am

My pessimist self suspects that they do not intend to run the horse again at all, they're just veeeeery slowly easing the public and press into that announcement. Back and forth, back and forth until everyone is so fatigued there won't be any surprises or real reaction once they make the actual retirement announcement.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
luvsgeldings

Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:26 am

I agree Treve - I feel bad for the horse though - does he have to be all stalled up at del mar during all this?
BaroqueAgain1

Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:05 pm

At least he's in a more pleasant climate down there. The cool, fresh ocean air has got to be better than the weather at Santa Anita. :lol: Too bad they no longer allow the TBs to exercise along the beach, as some walking through the salt water might be good for his legs.
Big Ten

Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:44 pm

I honestly don't care how horses get judged by others. Justify could rank as the worst Triple Crown winner and it wouldn't bother me. I'll only care and remember the few wonderful memories he brought me. Breeding money will always prevent young colts from ever reaching true greatness of yesteryear.
Rock Hard Ten. Free House. Soul Of The Matter. Lit de Justice. Zenyatta. Justify. Cigar. Ghostzapper. Lava Man. Silver Charm.
Ballerina

Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:49 pm

I honestly don't care how horses get judged by others. Justify could rank as the worst Triple Crown winner and it wouldn't bother me. I'll only care and remember the few wonderful memories he brought me. Breeding money will always prevent young colts from ever reaching true greatness of yesteryear.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more.
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:33 pm

Watchmaker covers a lot of the same things I'm thinking. If Justify retires now, I feel like I'm looking at a horse who only had half a career.
Even though he was brilliant in his Triple Crown run, to just call a halt now, especially without ever facing older, feels like we don't have an accurate handle on how good he actually is.
:(
stark

Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:21 pm

Given a choice, seems it's better to have a happy ending vs. anything less.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Curtis

Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:43 pm

Ballerina wrote:I honestly don't care how horses get judged by others. Justify could rank as the worst Triple Crown winner and it wouldn't bother me. I'll only care and remember the few wonderful memories he brought me. Breeding money will always prevent young colts from ever reaching true greatness of yesteryear.
Couldn't agree more.[/quote]
In order to expound, horses are what they are not what we say they are. Everyone can have an opinion, nothing wrong with that, and as long as people don’t raise their blood pressure trying to get someone else to agree with them all should be good. All I care is that their owners keep providing the horse their next meal. I don’t dislike Day Lillies any less for their brevity.
Kurenai
Site Admin

Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:25 pm

Big Ten, honestly... I wrote you a private message about it, I edited postings from you. You STILL are doing it.

DON'T POST ENTIRE ARTICLES HERE

It's not hard, just post a single paragraph and link to it. Please let me know that you read and understood that. If you don't I'll just continue to delete your postings.
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:55 pm

I see that Big Ten deleted both the article AND the link to it. Kinda pissy to remove the link so that no one can use it to go to the original site to read the article. :roll:
Kurenai
Site Admin

Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:32 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I see that Big Ten deleted both the article AND the link to it. Kinda pissy to remove the link so that no one can use it to go to the original site to read the article. :roll:
That was actually me, sorry. I just deleted the whole thing and only left what he wrote. It was late!

Here's the link to the article: http://www.drf.com/news/watchmaker-how- ... one-racing
BaroqueAgain1

Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:26 pm

Thanks for the link.
Apologies to BigTen.
barbaro111

Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:05 am

Big Ten wrote:I honestly don't care how horses get judged by others. Justify could rank as the worst Triple Crown winner and it wouldn't bother me. I'll only care and remember the few wonderful memories he brought me. Breeding money will always prevent young colts from ever reaching true greatness of yesteryear.

well stated. the good old days are well, gone forever. we have to accept that horses who win the triple crown will most likely not race at four years old. it is what it is.
luvsgeldings

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:43 am

we need a gelding to win the TC - Funny Cide or Mine That Bird... was really rooting for them to do it - plus it would be good for the sport - having a gelding win the TC who can hold his form and keep racing for a few more years - that would build some fun fan support - I can only hope we see another gelding win the KY Derby someday soon.