Justify

Treve

Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:49 pm

No harm no foul!
It can be hard to guess sometimes, probably doesn't help that I don't spend much time in the horsing around area! :D

To bring it back to the topic at hand, I hope Justify will run again but I imagine depending on what the issue is, if any, he might run his BCC prep (if that's still the end goal) on the west coast instead of going Haskell-Travers.
(Also thanks for the info about the weight Bal, not sure why Baffert was claiming he lost weight? Sometimes his 'lies' make sense sometimes they're just plain odd.)
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Catalina

Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:19 pm

Treve wrote:No harm no foul!
It can be hard to guess sometimes, probably doesn't help that I don't spend much time in the horsing around area! :D

To bring it back to the topic at hand, I hope Justify will run again but I imagine depending on what the issue is, if any, he might run his BCC prep (if that's still the end goal) on the west coast instead of going Haskell-Travers.
(Also thanks for the info about the weight Bal, not sure why Baffert was claiming he lost weight? Sometimes his 'lies' make sense sometimes they're just plain odd.)
I wouldn't rule out that Justify will miss his BCC prep, but then runs in the BCC anyway. To win if it can be done easily, else using the BCC as a prep for the Pegasus.
BaroqueAgain1

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:42 pm

Isn't it possible that Justify did lose some weight right after the Belmont, but then put it right back on?
From things I've read, the big colt has an appetite like a Rose Bowl football team chowing down at Lawry's pre-game all-you-can-eat fest. :lol:
stark

Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:01 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Isn't it possible that Justify did lose some weight right after the Belmont, but then put it right back on?
From things I've read, the big colt has an appetite like a Rose Bowl football team chowing down at Lawry's pre-game all-you-can-eat fest. :lol:
Certainly, and it's also possible/probable that Bob relies on his eyes much of the time rather than an official weighing in ceremony.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Ballerina

Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:12 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Isn't it possible that Justify did lose some weight right after the Belmont, but then put it right back on?
It's quite possible that he lost weight after the Belmont. That was 5 weeks ago. I only posted the info to show that he no longer is suffering fro that problem. Are there other problems? Who knows.
stark

Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:23 pm

Ballerina wrote: Are there other problems? Who knows.
Bob and Elliott
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Curtis

Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:48 pm

stark wrote:
Bob and Elliott
Ah, things were much simpler when it was Bob and Mike--and a whole lot more entertaining. ;) Now, ironically, things are just real quiet.
WarBiscuit

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:08 pm

stark wrote:
Bob and Elliott
I'm guessing it's more Kenny and Elliott, than Bob...

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
PJMIII

Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:47 am

Doing the Smarty thing with Justify

Okay, so it’s more than a scratch. The reported filling in the left-front ankle of Triple Crown winner and Maxim cover boy Justify is a long way from his heart, but it is enough to tap the brakes on any excitement for possible heroics through the remainder of the year.

http://www.drf.com/news/hovdey-doing-sm ... ng-justify
Plenilune

Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:01 pm

Breeders’ Cup Classic 2018 odds: Justify off the board

"In the most recent update of 2018 Breeders’ Cup Classic odds from the Wynn Las Vegas, Triple Crown winner Justify has been removed from the board."

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/ ... _board_123

Wonder what this is all about? Just a precaution?
Catalina

Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:59 pm

Plenilune wrote:Breeders’ Cup Classic 2018 odds: Justify off the board

"In the most recent update of 2018 Breeders’ Cup Classic odds from the Wynn Las Vegas, Triple Crown winner Justify has been removed from the board."

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/ ... _board_123

Wonder what this is all about? Just a precaution?
I think the horse was officially taken out of training, and that probably by definition drops him off the futures list.
Starine

Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:59 pm

Hovdey: Doing the Smarty thing with Justify
http://www.drf.com/news/hovdey-doing-sm ... ng-justify
barbaro111

Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:14 pm

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/ ... ustify_123

No Pac Classic or Travers for Justify--- i dont see him in the Classic either----
honneerider

Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:52 pm

Time to move on......
Ballerina

Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:55 pm

Baffert says "holding pattern" Here w go again - hope, then disappointment, and now hope. :roll:

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/bree ... g-pattern/
Kurenai
Site Admin

Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:15 am

I'm pretty sure they already have results and know what is wrong with him, so I don't get the whole "holding pattern". Just say if he has a minor injury and you gotta wait and see if it heals in time. :roll: My best guess is that there's stuff going on with Coolmore in the background and they don't want/can't talk about it. I'm also puzzled (once again :lol: ) with the idea of parading him. Unless they're letting him down already. Who in their right mind would risk the horse getting upset, rearing etc and aggravate things. Then again that might be some more press blablabla. :lol:
Treve

Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:33 am

My pessimist self suspects that they do not intend to run the horse again at all, they're just veeeeery slowly easing the public and press into that announcement. Back and forth, back and forth until everyone is so fatigued there won't be any surprises or real reaction once they make the actual retirement announcement.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
luvsgeldings

Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:26 am

I agree Treve - I feel bad for the horse though - does he have to be all stalled up at del mar during all this?
BaroqueAgain1

Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:05 pm

At least he's in a more pleasant climate down there. The cool, fresh ocean air has got to be better than the weather at Santa Anita. :lol: Too bad they no longer allow the TBs to exercise along the beach, as some walking through the salt water might be good for his legs.
Big Ten

Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:44 pm

I honestly don't care how horses get judged by others. Justify could rank as the worst Triple Crown winner and it wouldn't bother me. I'll only care and remember the few wonderful memories he brought me. Breeding money will always prevent young colts from ever reaching true greatness of yesteryear.
Rock Hard Ten. Free House. Soul Of The Matter. Lit de Justice. Zenyatta. Justify. Cigar. Ghostzapper. Lava Man. Silver Charm.