Justify

Kurenai
Site Admin

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:27 pm

Diver52 wrote:If anyone knows better, correct me, but my recollection is that Zenyatta stayed at the track throughout her career. I did think it was odd, but if horses are creatures of habit and routine, it may make sense for some. Chrome seemed sour and his time off certainly did him good.
She did, but she also needed the routine plus they also took her grazing and let her be outside a lot more. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think this is Bafferts approach, might be cause he has such a huge stable. Justify is from what I've seen of him a much more relaxed horse who doesn't mind a different scenario / different surroundings. If he would be mine, I would send him for some well earned vacation. If they can't turn him out cause of fear he would hurt himself, then I would at least take him on loooong walks through some nice grass paddock.
stark

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:20 pm

Can somebody please tell me what he's thinkin'

I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
WarBiscuit

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:07 pm

stark wrote:Can somebody please tell me what he's thinkin'

I'm pretty sure it's "I've seen and heard enough crazy people this spring to last me a lifetime. I need to be alone for a spell..."

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
tcw

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:41 pm

And to think.... between AP and Justify was none other than MASTERY. Oh what might have been.
CoronadosQuest

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:01 pm

tcw wrote:And to think.... between AP and Justify was none other than MASTERY. Oh what might have been.
That horse had a great Triple Crown name too. Man that horse was a beast... oh what if...
stark

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:07 pm

WarBiscuit wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's "I've seen and heard enough crazy people this spring to last me a lifetime. I need to be alone for a spell..."

WarBiscuit
You could very well be right.

I was thinking.....

I came, I saw, I conquered!
or
Rest? I don't need no stinkin' rest!
Ballerina

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:29 pm

SCAT DADDY - deceased sire of JUSTIFY. What a strong Arabian look to him.
Treve

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:07 am

stark wrote:Can somebody please tell me what he's thinkin'

"All these lenses and not a single peppermint in sight? I'm a star - no, I'm a god now, where are my offerings!?"
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:08 am

stark wrote:
Treve wrote: Bob actually said in a recent interview that in his opinion Arrogate lost interest. He didn't think Del Mar was a factor at all
Thanks Treve, but as has been proven right here in black and white by those who know, Bob doesn't always tell the whole truth ;)
Why would Bob lie about something like that when it would be so much easier to blame the track, than to admit his own approach/method failed in this case?
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Ballerina

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:14 am

This gave me grins and giggles

luvsgeldings

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:43 am

yeah its such a shame about Mastery - when we saw him here in SoCal, you just had this feeling about him - oh the possibilities - and then, could not believe he was out - that sure took the wind out of your sails.
ThreeMustangs

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:29 pm

Finishing up a trip to Baltimore and one of the shops at BWI had Preakness gear on sale for half-off. Woo hoo! I loaded up—it’s an especially historic Preakness now.
Point Given

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:07 pm

Justify Rewrites Triple Crown History
http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-ra ... story.aspx
Justify has conquered so many new worlds despite navigating his way through uncharted waters it is nearly impossible to predict what exploits lie ahead. We have no idea where this colt’s bottom is or even if he has one. He is the proverbial snowball rolling down the mountain getting larger as he goes.
Steve Haskin has such a way with words
Sparrow Castle

Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:24 pm

^^^ Yes, he does!

Daily Racing Form@ DRFInsidePost
5h5 hours ago
Triple Crown winner Justify will return to Santa Anita Sunday and be paraded between races next Saturday. @DRFAndersen has more on Justify below.
[quote] Triple Crown hero Justify is scheduled to be flown from Kentucky to California on Sunday and will be paraded between races at Santa Anita on Saturday, June 23, the track announced on Wednesday.

The June 23 event will include a ceremony honoring Justify’s accomplishments. Unbeaten in six starts, Justify became the 13th Triple Crown winner with a victory in the Belmont Stakes last Saturday.

Justify won three races at Santa Anita earlier this year, including the Santa Anita Derby on April 7.
http://www.drf.com/news/justify-set-ret ... nable=true
stark

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:03 am

Although credentialed media are welcome to greet him upon his arrival at Santa Anita on Sunday, Justify will be paraded for all to see in a special ceremony between races a week from Saturday, June 23, at which time Baffert and Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith will be available for interviews.
stark

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:02 pm

The trainer and jockey behind Triple Crown hero Justify - Bob Baffert and Mike Smith - will throw out first pitches prior to the Chicago Cubs-Los Angeles Dodgers game on June 25.

This sort of ceremony is becoming familiar for Baffert, who did the same recently at a New York Mets game.

Justify is scheduled to return to Southern California on Sunday. Santa Anita is planning a ceremony between races on June 23 to honor the famous colt, who won the Santa Anita Derby in April before his Triple Crown wins.
Treve

Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:54 am

I might have missed this if it was posted.
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... o-training
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Ballerina

Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:13 am

https://www.paulickreport.com/features/ ... g.facebook

On June 9, Justify gave Storm Cat's male line (Northern Dancer branch of Nearco – Phalaris) its first Triple Crown in the U.S. That first success, however, was well supported by the sire lines responsible for the Triple Crown winners of the 1970s (Secretariat, Seattle Slew, Affirmed), as well as American Pharoah.

Two Triple Crown winners are from the Nasrullah–Bold Ruler branch of Nearco-Phalaris; two are from the Raise a Native – Native Dancer branch
stark

Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 am

FREE posters tonight @ Churchill....

BigDonOKC

Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:50 am

Ballerina wrote:https://www.paulickreport.com/features/ ... g.facebook

On June 9, Justify gave Storm Cat's male line (Northern Dancer branch of Nearco – Phalaris) its first Triple Crown in the U.S. That first success, however, was well supported by the sire lines responsible for the Triple Crown winners of the 1970s (Secretariat, Seattle Slew, Affirmed), as well as American Pharoah.

Two Triple Crown winners are from the Nasrullah–Bold Ruler branch of Nearco-Phalaris; two are from the Raise a Native – Native Dancer branch
S D. last 3 year old crop will run next year. Hope we get one more :D