Justify

luvsgeldings
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:18 pm

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:43 am

yeah its such a shame about Mastery - when we saw him here in SoCal, you just had this feeling about him - oh the possibilities - and then, could not believe he was out - that sure took the wind out of your sails.
User avatar
ThreeMustangs
Posts: 1406
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Florida

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:29 pm

Finishing up a trip to Baltimore and one of the shops at BWI had Preakness gear on sale for half-off. Woo hoo! I loaded up—it’s an especially historic Preakness now.
Point Given
Posts: 426
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:14 pm

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:07 pm

Justify Rewrites Triple Crown History
http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-ra ... story.aspx
Justify has conquered so many new worlds despite navigating his way through uncharted waters it is nearly impossible to predict what exploits lie ahead. We have no idea where this colt’s bottom is or even if he has one. He is the proverbial snowball rolling down the mountain getting larger as he goes.
Steve Haskin has such a way with words
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4760
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:24 pm

^^^ Yes, he does!

Daily Racing Form@ DRFInsidePost
5h5 hours ago
Triple Crown winner Justify will return to Santa Anita Sunday and be paraded between races next Saturday. @DRFAndersen has more on Justify below.
[quote] Triple Crown hero Justify is scheduled to be flown from Kentucky to California on Sunday and will be paraded between races at Santa Anita on Saturday, June 23, the track announced on Wednesday.

The June 23 event will include a ceremony honoring Justify’s accomplishments. Unbeaten in six starts, Justify became the 13th Triple Crown winner with a victory in the Belmont Stakes last Saturday.

Justify won three races at Santa Anita earlier this year, including the Santa Anita Derby on April 7.
http://www.drf.com/news/justify-set-ret ... nable=true
stark
Posts: 4012
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:03 am

Although credentialed media are welcome to greet him upon his arrival at Santa Anita on Sunday, Justify will be paraded for all to see in a special ceremony between races a week from Saturday, June 23, at which time Baffert and Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith will be available for interviews.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark
Posts: 4012
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:02 pm

The trainer and jockey behind Triple Crown hero Justify - Bob Baffert and Mike Smith - will throw out first pitches prior to the Chicago Cubs-Los Angeles Dodgers game on June 25.

This sort of ceremony is becoming familiar for Baffert, who did the same recently at a New York Mets game.

Justify is scheduled to return to Southern California on Sunday. Santa Anita is planning a ceremony between races on June 23 to honor the famous colt, who won the Santa Anita Derby in April before his Triple Crown wins.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4267
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:54 am

I might have missed this if it was posted.
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... o-training
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Ballerina
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:22 pm
Location: Chesapeake, VA & Saratoga, NY

Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:13 am

https://www.paulickreport.com/features/ ... g.facebook

On June 9, Justify gave Storm Cat's male line (Northern Dancer branch of Nearco – Phalaris) its first Triple Crown in the U.S. That first success, however, was well supported by the sire lines responsible for the Triple Crown winners of the 1970s (Secretariat, Seattle Slew, Affirmed), as well as American Pharoah.

Two Triple Crown winners are from the Nasrullah–Bold Ruler branch of Nearco-Phalaris; two are from the Raise a Native – Native Dancer branch
stark
Posts: 4012
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 am

FREE posters tonight @ Churchill....

Image
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
BigDonOKC
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:11 am

Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:50 am

Ballerina wrote:https://www.paulickreport.com/features/ ... g.facebook

On June 9, Justify gave Storm Cat's male line (Northern Dancer branch of Nearco – Phalaris) its first Triple Crown in the U.S. That first success, however, was well supported by the sire lines responsible for the Triple Crown winners of the 1970s (Secretariat, Seattle Slew, Affirmed), as well as American Pharoah.

Two Triple Crown winners are from the Nasrullah–Bold Ruler branch of Nearco-Phalaris; two are from the Raise a Native – Native Dancer branch
S D. last 3 year old crop will run next year. Hope we get one more :D
User avatar
Squeaky
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:29 pm

Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:54 am

In that Bloodhorse photo he looks tired to me
BigDonOKC
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:11 am

Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:19 am

Squeaky wrote:In that Bloodhorse photo he looks tired to me
:o really looks like a winner to me :geek:
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4004
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:09 pm

Squeaky wrote:In that Bloodhorse photo he looks tired to me
Why? Because he has his head lowered??
BigDonOKC
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:11 am

Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:30 pm

BigDonOKC wrote:
Ballerina wrote:https://www.paulickreport.com/features/ ... g.facebook

On June 9, Justify gave Storm Cat's male line (Northern Dancer branch of Nearco – Phalaris) its first Triple Crown in the U.S. That first success, however, was well supported by the sire lines responsible for the Triple Crown winners of the 1970s (Secretariat, Seattle Slew, Affirmed), as well as American Pharoah.

Two Triple Crown winners are from the Nasrullah–Bold Ruler branch of Nearco-Phalaris; two are from the Raise a Native – Native Dancer branch
S D. last 3 year old crop will run next year. Hope we get one more :D

All so every horse in Kentucky Derby had Mr. Prospect (RAISE A NATIVE) - ON SIRE OR DAM SIDE.
BigDonOKC
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:11 am

Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:42 pm

Starine wrote:
Squeaky wrote:In that Bloodhorse photo he looks tired to me
Why? Because he has his head lowered??

Really from the picture his mouth was closed and ears not pin looks fine to me but what do I know after all he and the 6 horse just ran the best race I see in awhile. the fact is he just ran 1 1/2 mile so if he was tired like you say all but the 6 horse were flat beat. :lol: :lol: :lol: get it :lol: :lol: :lol: http://thoroughbredchampions.com/forum/ ... 3&p=189720#
BigDonOKC
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:11 am

Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:43 pm

BigDonOKC wrote:
Starine wrote:
Squeaky wrote:In that Bloodhorse photo he looks tired to me
Why? Because he has his head lowered??

Really from the picture his mouth was closed and ears not pin looks fine to me but what do I know after all he and the 6 horse just ran the best race I see in awhile. the fact is he just ran 1 1/2 mile so if he was tired like you say all but the 6 horse were flat beat. :lol: :lol: :lol: get it :lol: :lol: :lol:
stark
Posts: 4012
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:38 pm

Next Saturday Mike Smith will be signing free posters of Justify @ Santa Anita.

Nice looking triple crown poster of the three race finishes, looks a little odd to have different silks tho'

http://www.santaanita.com/events/justif ... yV0v6dKjIV
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
User avatar
Katewerk
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:01 pm

Starine wrote:
Squeaky wrote:In that Bloodhorse photo he looks tired to me
Why? Because he has his head lowered??

Earlier today at Churchill. Barely dragged his ass out of bed...

https://twitter.com/Gabby_Gaudet_/statu ... 4884108293
User avatar
Charlie
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:34 pm

Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:27 pm

Is he not allowed to look tired?

Is that somehow an insult to a horse that has just run 3 hard races in 5 weeks?
User avatar
CoronadosQuest
Posts: 1492
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:28 pm

Katewerk wrote:
Starine wrote:
Squeaky wrote:In that Bloodhorse photo he looks tired to me
Why? Because he has his head lowered??

Earlier today at Churchill. Barely dragged his ass out of bed...

https://twitter.com/Gabby_Gaudet_/statu ... 4884108293
This horse has a weird way of showing exhaustion... ;) Maybe if people say it enough times, one of these days it will be true.
Post Reply