Justify

Re: Justify

Postby Retrospectiv » Wed May 16, 2018 8:18 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Big Brown may have been happiest running on the grass, which could have been kinder to his feet. He shuttled to Australia for a year or more, and I wonder how his offspring did being strictly grass horses?

He failed miserably as a sire in Australia... :?
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
Retrospectiv

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:53 pm

I guess that helps to explain why he's now standing in New York.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Squeaky » Thu May 17, 2018 6:29 pm

Video of J’s gallop today someone posted on twitter that he kind of threw his head up when changing leads at the top of the stretch.. had not noticed that before? What do you all think?
Squeaky

Postby Squeaky » Thu May 17, 2018 6:30 pm

Video on XBTV
Squeaky

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:55 pm

Caleb on TVG just said that Justify now weighs 1,300 lbs. :shock:
I guess when Baffert said the colt was 'an eating machine,' he wasn't kidding. :lol:
Last edited by BaroqueAgain1 on Thu May 17, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby stark » Thu May 17, 2018 7:06 pm

Squeaky wrote:Video of J’s gallop today someone posted on twitter that he kind of threw his head up when changing leads at the top of the stretch.. had not noticed that before? What do you all think?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analysis_paralysis
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby CoronadosQuest » Thu May 17, 2018 8:57 pm

Squeaky wrote:Video of J’s gallop today someone posted on twitter that he kind of threw his head up when changing leads at the top of the stretch.. had not noticed that before? What do you all think?

I didn't see anything concerning when I watched the video that bloodhorse has of today's gallop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az7TIzQTJQM
CoronadosQuest

Postby tcw » Thu May 17, 2018 10:03 pm

I think it's time for some people to put the microscope back on the shelf and give it a break. Even if/when there's nothing there, it can get to the point where "something" will be found, even when that "something" is in reality nothing.
tcw

Postby Ballerina » Thu May 17, 2018 11:38 pm

tcw wrote:I think it's time for some people to put the microscope back on the shelf and give it a break. Even if/when there's nothing there, it can get to the point where "something" will be found, even when that "something" is in reality nothing.

Ballerina

Postby MySaladDays » Fri May 18, 2018 12:10 am

tcw wrote:

I think it's time for some people to put the microscope back on the shelf and give it a break. Even if/when there's nothing there, it can get to the point where "something" will be found, even when that "something" is in reality nothing.

"Just shut up and dole out your $$" doesn't work for me. :)

Evaluating conformation etc. is an individual subjective thing. Even a hangnail on a foot can change your movement, etc. People see what they see, and unless you are an expert then other people's perceptions are valid.

A horse can be "off" and still win. It happens every day all throughout the land. But that doesn't meana they're not "off" and people who evaluate hind quarters, etc. may notice something that you do not. If you've had a horse with a bruise, and you are used to being with him/her every day, then you may notice something that others don't, etc.

Wasn't Arrogate supposed to be okay then he wasn't?
MySaladDays

PreviousNext

Return to Racing