Tough Game

Re: Tough Game

Postby katmandu » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:12 pm

It's how you make a small fortune. . . . BTDT (although mine wasn't all that big to begin with, lol).

I find the expression "unload" a horse somewhat offensive, it's part of the mental construct that alleviates responsibility for the animal's well being.
katmandu
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:16 am

Re: Tough Game

Postby bare it all » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:53 pm

I actually saw this race on Saturday and remember it because of the name Flirty.

It wasn't a -terrible- race, honestly. She got a little check to take home and maybe they learned something about her. I guess it's bad considering it's Pletcher at Gulfstream and a claiming race.

I think the more interesting piece is how did that mare get into Uncle Mo's book anyway and how did this filly even fetch $90k. Good physical and other Uncle Mo's running well I guess? She's out of an unraced Robyn Dancer mare that sold for $3k as a yearling and then $15k covered by Wildcat Heir. Hasn't produced a whole lot to write home about. Mare of that one couldn't break her maiden but she's a hard-knocking FL producer.

Even this filly's page is sort of 'meh'? Bought on the Mo hype train.

http://apps.keeneland.com/sales/Sep16/pdfs/1626.pdf

I say drop her into FL bred company and she'll probably turn into something decent for them. Try to get a win on her at least before breeding her or you're just breeding more of the same.
User avatar
bare it all
 
Posts: 1027
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: Tough Game

Postby Flanders » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:06 pm

bare it all wrote:I think the more interesting piece is how did that mare get into Uncle Mo's book anyway and how did this filly even fetch $90k. G

The mare was in his 3rd book of mares bred and the foal looks like a foal share. I wonder if they were taking anything that year and cutting a lot of deals to get mares in. They did manage to get 160 some mares bred to him which was an increase from 120 some the previous year.
User avatar
Flanders
 
Posts: 2549
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: Tough Game

Postby Horsebagger » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:53 pm

Flanders wrote:
bare it all wrote:I think the more interesting piece is how did that mare get into Uncle Mo's book anyway and how did this filly even fetch $90k. G

The mare was in his 3rd book of mares bred and the foal looks like a foal share. I wonder if they were taking anything that year and cutting a lot of deals to get mares in. They did manage to get 160 some mares bred to him which was an increase from 120 some the previous year.


The mare was bred to UM when his fee was $27,500. Therefore, the $90,000 yearling price would be generally fair in my opinion for both breeder and purchaser. Nobody made a killing nor lost a fortune.
Horsebagger
 
Posts: 1896
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Re: Tough Game

Postby stark » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:57 pm

Horsebagger wrote:
The mare was bred to UM when his fee was $27,500. Therefore, the $90,000 yearling price would be generally fair in my opinion for both breeder and purchaser. Nobody made a killing nor lost a fortune.


Thanks
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark
 
Posts: 3451
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Re: Tough Game

Postby stark » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:23 am

Flirty is the 9/5 morning line favorite in Gulfstream's 6th today, going a mile for the $12,500 tag.

Safe trip!
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark
 
Posts: 3451
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Re: Tough Game

Postby bare it all » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:16 pm

stark wrote:Flirty is the 9/5 morning line favorite in Gulfstream's 6th today, going a mile for the $12,500 tag.

Safe trip!


Barely held on to 2nd and finished maybe 3 or 4 back from the winner yesterday. Still takes home a little check, but wondering how long she stays in the Pletcher barn and running in the Eclipse silks.
User avatar
bare it all
 
Posts: 1027
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: Tough Game

Postby stark » Tue May 15, 2018 11:22 am

Horse name Flirty
Notes Pletcher claimer
Activity type Workout
Activity date 05-15-2018
Track Thistledown
Surface Dirt
Distance 3 Furlongs
Workout type Breezing
Workout time 0:40.00
Track condition Good
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark
 
Posts: 3451
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Previous

Return to Racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests