Past Weekend's Derby Prep Winners' Pedigree And Race Analysi

Re: Past Weekend's Derby Prep Winners' Pedigree And Race Ana

Postby BigDonOKC » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:29 pm

Are you checking for Chefs-De-Race located in their Dosage?
BigDonOKC

Postby stark » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:34 pm

BigDonOKC wrote:Are you checking for Chefs-De-Race located in their Dosage?

just FYI from a couple of years ago here, to add to the current conversation....
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4402&hilit=dosage
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby BigDonOKC » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:54 pm

I did read most of those comments- I will say one think I do not care who the owner, trainer, rider, horses mom or old man is all I care is what the horse has done.
But that being said I do look at that information if I do not have a true clear winner.
BigDonOKC

Postby BigDonOKC » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:55 pm

I did read most of those comments- I will say one think I do not care who the owner, trainer, rider, horses mom or old man is all I care is what the horse has done.
But that being said I do look at that information if I do not have a true clear winner.
BigDonOKC

Postby Kennedy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:58 pm

BigDonOKC wrote:Are you checking for Chefs-De-Race located in their Dosage?

Chef-de-race no longer exists as a website and as far as I'm aware Dr. Roman doesn't write about or update his sires statistics anymore in any other place that I've found.

I'm not sure it's totally possible to even check dosage if you wanted to at this moment?

It's a shame because I really liked his stats on AWD for sires in stakes races only (as opposed to the widely available AWD numbers for every race) I found those to be useful guides.
Kennedy

Postby BigDonOKC » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:53 pm

not trying to[u] [/u]educate you but.....
Kennedy
Chef-de-race no longer exists as a website and as far as I'm aware Dr. Roman doesn't write about or update his sires statistics anymore in any other place that I've found.

Chef-de-race Is French for “chiefs of the breed.” As far as I know not a web site.

I'm not sure it's totally possible to even check dosage if you wanted to at this moment?
Dosage can be found on the inter net. http://www.pedigreequery.com/
It's a shame because I really liked his stats on AWD for sires in stakes races only (as opposed to the widely available AWD numbers for every race) I found those to be useful guides.
BigDonOKC

Postby Kennedy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:24 pm

BigDonOKC wrote:not trying to[u] [/u]educate you but.....
Kennedy

Chef-de-race Is French for “chiefs of the breed.” As far as I know not a web site.

Dosage can be found on the inter net. http://www.pedigreequery.com/

As far as I understand it any dosage figures you see on that website are potentially out of date because the creator of the system is no longer updating information.

The sire and damsire listed as "chiefs of the breed" and their point distribution across the major categories (Brilliant, Intermediate, Classic, Solid, Professional) were all values set by people and those people aren't doing that work anymore as I understand.

So essentially no new sires would ever be added to the list and since we have new sires starting every year the data is just going to become more and more out of date. I believe the last published update to the list of sires was in Sept of 2015 (https://web.archive.org/web/20161107135051/http://www.chef-de-race.com:80/dosage/chefs-de-race/chefs.htm)

When analyzing modern pedigrees it's likely more useful to know where Tapit ranks and less useful to have stats on Abernant.
Kennedy

Postby BigDonOKC » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:55 pm

i do not use this site for dosage I only use it for the blood line. You might be right on the update thing.
BigDonOKC

Return to Racing