Border Run Story

Re: Border Run Story

Postby sweettalk » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:48 am

i actually meant the being high part, i absolutely pictured a spaced out, wobbly horse that would laugh at everything (if horses laugh the way humans do).

that was actually much more interesting to read, though. i love that you let them choose what they want to do - riding, pet, pasture decor, if they're happy you're happy too. you're the best.
Get out to Lenny’s for their big grand opening sale. Find eight government secrets and get a free kidnapping and personality reassignment so that you’ll forget you found them!
sweettalk

Postby Somnambulist » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:29 am

Curtis wrote: Now I’m a Gentleman Farmer—well the second part is true—and they’re part of my herd. Taking care of them is, as my wife Margo states, my daily meditation or my morning Zen. I call it nice work if you can get it.

I wish working with horses paid more than poverty. Everything about them is therapeutic.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby Curtis » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:43 pm

sweettalk wrote:i actually meant the being high part, i absolutely pictured a spaced out, wobbly horse that would laugh at everything (if horses laugh the way humans do).

that was actually much more interesting to read, though. i love that you let them choose what they want to do - riding, pet, pasture decor, if they're happy you're happy too. you're the best.

You pretty much described Anniversary Year the night we claimed him except if you switch out the laughing for snapping at a, then, 5yo Anna as she was offering up treats. He’s a big ole 17.1h puppy dog now though. A.Y. and Border do often get the munchies, however, and this is WA State. Maybe I need to get that Timothy analyzed........
Curtis

Previous

Return to Racing