Page 2 of 13

Re: Fillies and Mares - 2018

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:23 am
by Diver52
Vale Dori gave Paradise Woods all she could handle last year and Abel Tasman could improve with age. Not a bad one-two punch.

Re: Fillies and Mares - 2018

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:40 pm
by Point Given
Paradise Woods (4-Year-Old Filly)
Date: February 13, 2018
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Three Furlongs
Time: 36:20 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 2/18

Dream Tree (3-Year-Old Filly)
Date: February 13, 2018
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Four Furlongs
Time: 48:80 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 15/32

Re: Fillies and Mares - 2018

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:12 am
by Point Given
Abel Tasman (4-Year-Old Filly)
Date: February 15, 2018
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Four Furlongs
Time: 48:20 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 3/25

Re: Fillies and Mares - 2018

Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:14 am
by PJMIII
Cash Out (3-Year-Old Filly)
Date: February 17, 2018
Track: PALM MEADOWS TRAINING CENTER
Distance: Four Furlongs
Time: 51:60 Breezing
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 52/57

Re: Fillies and Mares - 2018

Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:49 am
by PJMIII
Ms Locust Point Makes the Grade in Barbara Fritchie

Daughter of Dialed In went gate-to-wire for her first graded stakes win.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... a-fritchie

Re: Fillies and Mares - 2018

Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:46 pm
by Starine
The connections of El Camino Real winner Paved said at first they were targeting the Providencia on turf, but they are now considering a run in the Santa Anita Oaks.

Re: Fillies and Mares - 2018

Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:16 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
Have you seen any three-year-old fillies racing in California that are better than she is? Or even as good?
IMHO it's worth a try to see if she a Ky. Oaks filly.

Re: Fillies and Mares - 2018

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:44 am
by PJMIII
Venice (3-Year-Old Filly)
Date: February 19, 2018
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Four Furlongs
Time: 48:00 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 6/42

Re: Fillies and Mares - 2018

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:40 pm
by Point Given
Dream Tree (3-Year-Old Filly)
Date: February 19, 2018
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Six Furlongs
Time: 1.12:80 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 1/16

Paradise Woods (4-Year-Old Filly)
Date: February 20, 2018
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Four Furlongs
Time: 47:00 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 1/36

Re: Fillies and Mares - 2018

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:43 pm
by Starine
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Have you seen any three-year-old fillies racing in California that are better than she is? Or even as good?
IMHO it's worth a try to see if she a Ky. Oaks filly.
I'm not sure who this is directed at?

Re: Fillies and Mares - 2018

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:29 am
by BaroqueAgain1
The TBC Forum in general. The editorial 'you.' :P :D

Re: Fillies and Mares - 2018

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:45 am
by PJMIII
T Rex Express (5-Year-Old Mare)
Date: February 20, 2018
Track: HOLLYWOOD CASINO AT CHARLES TOWN RACES
Distance: Three Furlongs
Time: 37:40 Breezing
Track Condition: Muddy
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 1/4


Veiled Heat (4-Year-Old Filly)
Date: February 20, 2018
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Four Furlongs
Time: 47:60 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 2/24

Re: Fillies and Mares - 2018

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:23 pm
by Sparrow Castle
Forever Unbridled Takes Aim at Boys in Dubai World Cup
No filly or mare has ever won the $10 million Dubai World Cup sponsored by Emirates Airline, but trainer Dallas Stewart knows a few things about good fillies and mares capable of beating the best males at the top level.

The former assistant to iconic American conditioner D. Wayne Lukas, Stewart was integral to the development of 1987 Kentucky Derby-winning filly Winning Colors, whom he also galloped in the mornings, as well as Lady's Secret, who defeated males a year prior in Saratoga's Whitney Handicap en route to being crowned Horse of the Year.

As a head trainer, Stewart, 58, has trained his fair share of top fillies, including Breeders' Cup Distaff winner Unbridled Elaine and Kentucky Oaks winner Lemons Forever, and it is with the latter's daughter, Forever Unbridled, that he holds a serious claim to victory in the Dubai World Cup this year. Like Unbridled Elaine and last year's Dubai World Cup victor Arrogate , Forever Unbridled is an offspring of Unbridled's Song. She is also a sister to Grade 1 winner Unbridled Forever, so expectations have been as broad as the sizeable shoulders with which her sire often stamps his best babies.

"She's as good as any I've ever been around," Stewart said. "I've been around some great ones like Winning Colors and Lady's Secret, too. I won't say that she's better because good is good. It's like Tom Brady or Drew Brees. They're both great quarterbacks who have done great things. She's definitely a quarterback."

Forever Unbridled is a three-time Grade 1 winner with earnings of $3,186,880 and is fresh off her biggest victory in the Longines Breeders' Cup Distaff Nov. 4. She is currently preparing for her invasion of Dubai at her winter headquarters of Fair Grounds.
https://www.americasbestracing.net/the- ... -world-cup

Re: Fillies and Mares - 2018

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:33 pm
by Treve
Sparrow Castle wrote:Forever Unbridled Takes Aim at Boys in Dubai World Cup
No filly or mare has ever won the $10 million Dubai World Cup sponsored by Emirates Airline, but trainer Dallas Stewart knows a few things about good fillies and mares capable of beating the best males at the top level.

The former assistant to iconic American conditioner D. Wayne Lukas, Stewart was integral to the development of 1987 Kentucky Derby-winning filly Winning Colors, whom he also galloped in the mornings, as well as Lady's Secret, who defeated males a year prior in Saratoga's Whitney Handicap en route to being crowned Horse of the Year.

As a head trainer, Stewart, 58, has trained his fair share of top fillies, including Breeders' Cup Distaff winner Unbridled Elaine and Kentucky Oaks winner Lemons Forever, and it is with the latter's daughter, Forever Unbridled, that he holds a serious claim to victory in the Dubai World Cup this year. Like Unbridled Elaine and last year's Dubai World Cup victor Arrogate , Forever Unbridled is an offspring of Unbridled's Song. She is also a sister to Grade 1 winner Unbridled Forever, so expectations have been as broad as the sizeable shoulders with which her sire often stamps his best babies.

"She's as good as any I've ever been around," Stewart said. "I've been around some great ones like Winning Colors and Lady's Secret, too. I won't say that she's better because good is good. It's like Tom Brady or Drew Brees. They're both great quarterbacks who have done great things. She's definitely a quarterback."

Forever Unbridled is a three-time Grade 1 winner with earnings of $3,186,880 and is fresh off her biggest victory in the Longines Breeders' Cup Distaff Nov. 4. She is currently preparing for her invasion of Dubai at her winter headquarters of Fair Grounds.
https://www.americasbestracing.net/the- ... -world-cup
intriguing

Re: Fillies and Mares - 2018

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:50 am
by PJMIII
Ruby Trust (4-Year-Old Filly)
Date: February 24, 2018
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Five Furlongs
Time: 1.01:00 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 3/21

Re: Fillies and Mares - 2018

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:39 pm
by Starine
Treve wrote:intriguing
If that's what you want to call it. He would know better than me, but personally I can't imagine her holding her own with the like of Lady's Secret or Winning Colors. :?

Re: Fillies and Mares - 2018

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:06 pm
by Curtis
Starine wrote:
Treve wrote:intriguing
If that's what you want to call it. He would know better than me, but personally I can't imagine her holding her own with the like of Lady's Secret or Winning Colors. :?
Agreed, I don’t think she’d catch either one of those mates at their best. But then again I don’t see any Precisionists, Turkomans, Forty Niners or Risen Stars around now either. It’s all relative.

Re: Fillies and Mares - 2018

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:55 pm
by Point Given
Abel Tasman (4-Year-Old Filly)
Date: February 22, 2018
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Five Furlongs
Time: 1.00:80 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 9/44

Vale Dori (ARG) (6-Year-Old Mare)
Date: February 22, 2018
Track: LOS ALAMITOS
Distance: Three Furlongs
Time: 38:20 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 4/7

Dream Tree (3-Year-Old Filly)
Date: February 25, 2018
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Six Furlongs
Time: 1.14:20 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 3/10

Re: Fillies and Mares - 2018

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:49 am
by PJMIII
Daisy (3-Year-Old Filly)
Date: February 25, 2018
Track: PALM MEADOWS TRAINING CENTER
Distance: Four Furlongs
Time: 50:20 Breezing
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 25/48


Venice (3-Year-Old Filly)
Date: February 25, 2018
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Four Furlongs
Time: 48:40 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 19/76

Re: Fillies and Mares - 2018

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:34 am
by Treve
Curtis wrote:
Starine wrote:
Treve wrote:intriguing
If that's what you want to call it. He would know better than me, but personally I can't imagine her holding her own with the like of Lady's Secret or Winning Colors. :?
Agreed, I don’t think she’d catch either one of those mates at their best. But then again I don’t see any Precisionists, Turkomans, Forty Niners or Risen Stars around now either. It’s all relative.
Agreed, but I should've specified I meant the move was intriguing - skipping the PWC but heading to the DWC. Not to comparison :)