Older Horses - 2018

Post Reply
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4959
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:01 pm

He's back on the work tab, but puzzling...

Jay Privman @DRFPrivman
2h2 hours ago
Ran into Buff Bradley this week and still trying to wrap my head around the news, first reported last month by @DRFMcGee, that he no longer trains Divisidero; has been moved to Kelly Rubley. Two G1 wins, a G2 win. I'd sign up for that right now.
stark
Posts: 4140
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:00 pm

Forever Unbridled will be retired from racing following next weekend's Dubai World Cup, and her owners have planned to breed her to Medaglia d'Oro. @DRFHersh
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4083
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:18 pm

What's up with Ocho Ocho Ocho? Is he still in training?
thinair
Posts: 1640
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:26 pm

Starine wrote:Always Dreaming is a strong possibility to make his return to the races in the Gulfstream Park Mile on the Florida Derby card. The race is also being targeted by Irish War Cry.

It seems odd that Irish War Cry would run there instead of the Grade 1 Carter one week later. Last I heard, they were pointing to the Carter, though obviously that could have changed.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4959
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:54 pm

thinair wrote:
Starine wrote:Always Dreaming is a strong possibility to make his return to the races in the Gulfstream Park Mile on the Florida Derby card. The race is also being targeted by Irish War Cry.

It seems odd that Irish War Cry would run there instead of the Grade 1 Carter one week later. Last I heard, they were pointing to the Carter, though obviously that could have changed.
This is what Graham Motion said:
60 Seconds: Everybody Knows The News- March 23, 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIk6DgbTxjE
thinair
Posts: 1640
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:39 pm

Please don't ever subject me to that guy again ( not Graham ):-) I had to turn it off immediately.

Do you want to tell me what GRAHAM said or should I call him myself?
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4959
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:04 am

thinair wrote:Please don't ever subject me to that guy again ( not Graham ):-) I had to turn it off immediately.

Do you want to tell me what GRAHAM said or should I call him myself?
Haha, wanted you to see that Graham didn't really explain much because "that guy" kept interrupting and didn't give him a chance. Basically said Irish War Cry is doing great and it's Florida Derby Day. Sorry for the tease, I just love watching Graham interact with his horses. I'd love to hear his reasons.

From "that guy" @ Twitter
Our dinner date has arrived @GrahamMotion @AnitaMotion
Image
thinair
Posts: 1640
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:20 am

Graham and Anita are terrific people. Racing is better off for having them.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4959
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:54 am

thinair wrote:Graham and Anita are terrific people. Racing is better off for having them.
Couldn't agree more!
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4959
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:14 pm

This son of Brownie Points won the G2T Muniz Memorial H. today, two Graded Stakes wins in his first two starts this year. Can't wait to see where he goes next.

Synchrony finished 1st by 1 3/4 lengths, on March 24, 2018, at FAIR GROUNDS in Race 9.
Off odds: 3.00
Your comments for this horse were: 2013 H Tapit - Brownie Points, by Forest Wildcat; Pin Oak homebred
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pd ... 18USA9.pdf
Point Given
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:14 pm

Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:50 pm

Sonneteer (4-Year-Old Colt)
Date: March 24, 2018
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Six Furlongs
Time: 1.12:20 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 1/8

McCraken (4-Year-Old Colt)
Date: March 24, 2018
Track: PALM MEADOWS TRAINING CENTER
Distance: Five Furlongs
Time: 1.02:00 Breezing
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 10/36
Izvestia
Posts: 3857
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:46 pm

Good Samaritan looked good winning the New Orleans today.
PJMIII
Posts: 9550
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:12 am

Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:10 am

El Areeb (4-Year-Old Colt)
Date: March 24, 2018
Track: LAUREL PARK
Distance: Five Furlongs
Time: 59:00 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 1/17


Cool Arrow (4-Year-Old Colt)
Date: March 24, 2018
Track: FAIR GROUNDS
Distance: Five Furlongs
Time: 1.02:20 Breezing
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 15/24
katmandu
Posts: 1006
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:16 am

Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:30 pm

katmandu wrote:I wondered what the status of Imperial Hint was - looking forward to seeing him run (very fast) again!

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/thor ... up-sprint/
http://live.drf.com//nuggets/41361-impe ... mpa-sprint
barbaro111
Posts: 515
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:43 pm

Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:47 pm

Surprised no-one seems to be discussing The Player's serious, perhaps life threatening injury, unless I missed that discussion--- he is going to have surgery tomorrow to relair 2 fractured sesamoids in his right leg--there is info on his FB page
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4959
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:54 pm

barbaro111 wrote:Surprised no-one seems to be discussing The Player's serious, perhaps life threatening injury, unless I missed that discussion--- he is going to have surgery tomorrow to relair 2 fractured sesamoids in his right leg--there is info on his FB page
But we are, this poor boy is all over the forum. I started the discussion in the "Waiting for news on ..." thread.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=120&start=1340
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4083
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:23 pm

Accelerate will make his first start outside of California in next month's Oaklawn Handicap.
barbaro111
Posts: 515
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:43 pm

Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:51 am

Sparrow Castle wrote:
barbaro111 wrote:Surprised no-one seems to be discussing The Player's serious, perhaps life threatening injury, unless I missed that discussion--- he is going to have surgery tomorrow to relair 2 fractured sesamoids in his right leg--there is info on his FB page
But we are, this poor boy is all over the forum. I started the discussion in the "Waiting for news on ..." thread.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=120&start=1340

Thank you
PJMIII
Posts: 9550
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:12 am

Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:02 am

Just Howard (4-Year-Old Colt)
Date: March 25, 2018
Track: FAIR HILL
Distance: Three Furlongs
Time: 38:40 Breezing
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: All Weather Training
Rank: 10/11
katmandu
Posts: 1006
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:16 am

Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:14 pm

Imperial Hint winning the Tampa Bay Sprint - he's a little beast. The sprinters are deep this year.

http://www.tampabaydowns.com/racing/rep ... ceNumber=2

"select for adobe flash" and then OK in upper right.
Post Reply