Other Racing Message Boards?

Flanders

Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:57 pm

Retrospectiv wrote:I remember that. That was when I set up the FB group page. It's not an active page like many racing ones, the intent at the time was for people to find each other from this site, and chat a bit until it ever came back up again.

Is that other site still active? I'd registered, but can't recall the name now.
Its still there. Active is a very subjective word. There are a few posts from November and then they jump to July in the Racing forum. 5 out of 11 forums haven't been posted in, in 2017.
http://thoroughbredracingfans.com/forum/index.php
honneerider

Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:57 pm

Was it this one? This is one of the ones I migrated to when this went down:http://thoroughbredracingfans.com/forum ... ?board=2.0
ChampionCurlin

Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:13 pm

Retrospectiv wrote:...10 years ago in the Curlin days...
Man. Time does fly.
Dusty

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:19 pm

Flanders wrote:
Retrospectiv wrote:I remember that. That was when I set up the FB group page. It's not an active page like many racing ones, the intent at the time was for people to find each other from this site, and chat a bit until it ever came back up again.

Is that other site still active? I'd registered, but can't recall the name now.
Its still there. Active is a very subjective word. There are a few posts from November and then they jump to July in the Racing forum. 5 out of 11 forums haven't been posted in, in 2017.
http://thoroughbredracingfans.com/forum/index.php
it IS still hanging on though! OPEN for members too
May they run with the WIND
clocker

Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:06 pm

There are a lot of people that love the sport still. But message boards are dying because of the concerted effort to depress members with "racing is cruel and full of crooks" lobbyists.

pedigreequery, case in point. A couple of PETA types were allowed to run rampant, and enough said "nuff of this garbage."

Years ago, there should have been designated sub-boards for animal care advocates to vent, without offputting the rest of us. With strong moderation. It happened here to a certain extent, and that is when I went elsewhere.
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:42 pm

I'm a pretty staunch 'animal care' advocate. But I see a difference between those working for animal welfare vs. those who take the extreme stance that horses shouldn't race.
IMHO, PETA has done some good things, like bringing attention to the horrific conditions that so many animals destined for our tables endure before their usually-unkind deaths. Those undercover videos were so upsetting that some states (where livestock profits provide some juicy lobbying $$$) passed laws that curtail the ability of animal welfare activists to get in and video abuses.
However, when some of its members start trying to drum up support to stop the use of horses in working activities, they lose me. :roll:
So long as their treatment is humane, with effective welfare oversight, IMO it's OK for horses, mules and donkeys to work for their living. Unfortunately, that 'effective oversight' is often lacking...which just fuels PETA's more extreme positions. :(