Other Racing Message Boards?

Other Racing Message Boards?

Postby Indiano » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:21 pm

So, this board is pretty much dead. Are there others out there that are more active but similar in tenor to this board? Not interested in a purely handicapping board.
Indiano

Re: Other Racing Message Boards?

Postby stark » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:32 pm

Anxiously awaiting your next 61 thought provoking, conversation generating posts.

I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Indiano » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:41 pm

That's a helpful reply. Bugger off.

Why would I post to a dead board?
Indiano

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:09 pm

With all due respect, Indiano, IMHO this board is not "dead." If it seems so to you, I'd be interested to know to what other board(s) you are comparing this site?
I started my online racing site experience with the now-defunct TVG Forum, which was a large and very active site. I still miss it but, unfortunately, new forums created by displaced members have been affected by feuds that caused the new forums to fragment into even smaller forums.
As far as I can tell, TBC has managed to weather most problems and is still pretty active.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Indiano » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:40 pm

I've been on this board since it started and we all migrated over from the AOL message boards. There just doesn't seem to be much activity, and its' really dead compared to how it used to be. I was wondering if people had moved elsewhere. Seems all the racing boards are gone -- Del Mar's, TVG's, etc. When I log in there are only a couple other non-bot people on.
Indiano

Postby Ballerina » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:23 pm

Hmmm - lessee here. You joined in January 2014 and you have a total of 63 posts. LOL!
Ballerina

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:38 pm

Indiano, you said that you've been here since this board started. If the present info that Bal is referring to says 2014, I wonder if that coincides with one of the hacks that shut down this site.
When V restarted this forum (from at least two hacks IIRC), did that mean that member info was wiped clean and restarted?
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Miss Woodford » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:40 pm

This is definitely the most active American racing board out there, actually. "Traditional" forums in general are dying though, social media conglomerates have taken over and the conversations have moved to Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit (though r/horseracing isn't very active either).
Miss Woodford

Postby Miss Woodford » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:41 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Indiano, you said that you've been here since this board started. If the present info that Bal is referring to says 2014, I wonder if that coincides with one of the hacks that shut down this site.
When V restarted this forum (from at least two hacks IIRC), did that mean that member info was wiped clean and restarted?

September 2013 was the only one that wiped everyone's info and had us re-register. Hence all the September 12/13/14 2013 reg dates.
Last edited by Miss Woodford on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miss Woodford

Postby Indiano » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:41 pm

Yes, I was. Had to get a new username then.

I was here with V, Lydia (the photographer from MD) and many others. If people choose to disbelieve me and make snarky comments that's their prerogative. I'm just looking for a place to talk racing.
Indiano

Next

Return to Racing