TBC Breeders Cup Watch Party/Discussion Thread

Re: TBC Breeders Cup Watch Party/Discussion Thread

Postby sweettalk » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:43 pm

tcw wrote:Smith mentioned Arrogate's dislike of the surface and B2 perhaps somewhat agreed mentioning the way he handled (or didn't) the turns, but B2 seemed more of the opinion that he took a step back along the way somewhere and hasn't been able to regain his form.

while I don't doubt he hates del mar, I agree he's just not the horse he was.
Later this month, a man unbound from time & space will leave boxes under decorated pine totems as assessments of children's moral worth.
sweettalk

Postby Charlie » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:03 am

sweettalk wrote:
tcw wrote:Smith mentioned Arrogate's dislike of the surface and B2 perhaps somewhat agreed mentioning the way he handled (or didn't) the turns, but B2 seemed more of the opinion that he took a step back along the way somewhere and hasn't been able to regain his form.

Honestly, I don't think Arrogate wins this race regardless of where it's at.
Charlie

Postby Afrashad » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:45 am

Delamont wrote:
Carotene wrote:Amazing!!!! Happy for flashy Talismanic!!!! Wish I'd bet lol!

He was my pretty-pony bet.

How did MDO produce all that chrome? :mrgreen:

His dam's the one on the inside.

http://horsephotos.com/watermark.jsp?photoID=13797
Afrashad

Postby Ziggypop » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:12 pm

sweettalk wrote:

I agree, it has been sad to watch him backtrack and no one seemed to help him.
Ziggypop

Postby Izvestia » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:32 pm

He's got even more bling than his blingy mom - side note: I loved Musical Chimes.

I think it's odd that both Arrogate and Mor Spirit both ran the race of their lives earlier this year, and then downward spiralled the rest of the year. What happened?
Izvestia

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:39 pm

Ziggypop wrote:
sweettalk wrote:

I agree, it has been sad to watch him backtrack and no one seemed to help him.

In the Bloodhorse.com comments about the BCC yesterday and into today so far, some posters said the stricter drug testing these days made the difference in Arrogate. Whether or not that's true, this sort of speculation is out there. Personally I love and respect all horses, and will not criticize them. People, however, are a different matter and I've never liked BB right from the time he first started to come up in the sport. Yet even I find such speculation garbage without proof, despite BB's reputation.
Ridan_Remembered

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:45 pm

Jay Privman‏ @DRFPrivman
Both Collected (2nd in BC Classic) and West Coast (3rd) to remain in training, both to be pointed to @PegasusWorldCup, per Baffert.
Sparrow Castle

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:46 pm

Ray Paulick‏ @raypaulick
Snapshot of Friday & Saturday @BreedersCup attendance & wagering since it went to two days in 2007.
Sparrow Castle

Postby lurkey mclurker » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:07 pm

Oooooh this could be fun... :mrgreen:

World Approval team eyeing Winx showdown at Royal Ascot

How about this for a showdown to look forward to next summer? Breeders' Cup Mile winner World Approval, queen of Australian racing Winx and the cream of Britain and Ireland's milers clashing in a Queen Anne for the ages at Royal Ascot.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/breeders-cup-saturday/world-approval-team-eyeing-winx-showdown-at-royal-ascot/307413
lurkey mclurker

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:22 pm

IMO, speculating about drugs (the lack of) somehow being behind Arrogate's non-performance doesn't make a lot of sense. He won the World Cup, and Dubai doesn't even allow race-day Lasix.
There were so many poor performances from very good horses (Mor Spirit, Stellar Wind, Lady Aurelia, Marsha, Drefong, Unique Bella, Lady Eli, Arrogate, etc.) that I have a hard time believing that they all just stopped being good. The only thing they have in common is Del Mar.
The configuration of the tracks, dirt and turf, was tight, with sharp turns and very short stretches. That turf course should never have had fourteen horse fields.
Del Mar is very pretty and it makes for a nice 'boutique' meet, but I hope they never run the BC there again.
BaroqueAgain1

PreviousNext

Return to Racing