TBC Breeders Cup Watch Party/Discussion Thread

TBC Breeders Cup Watch Party/Discussion Thread

Postby Insane Crazy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:15 am

I'm always bad about chasing discussion from thread to thread on these big days, so I thought I'd offer an ~official~ place to just discuss the BC once it starts airing! Sound cool?

Honestly, I can't believe it's already time for the Friday races. Yeesh.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Insane Crazy

Re: TBC Breeders Cup Watch Party/Discussion Thread

Postby bare it all » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:45 am

When is post time for the first race of the day (not just BC race) and when does coverage begin? I'll be at work until 4:30P ET, so I'm slightly glad for the PT of the races.
bare it all

Postby Insane Crazy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:03 am

bare it all wrote:When is post time for the first race of the day (not just BC race) and when does coverage begin? I'll be at work until 4:30P ET, so I'm slightly glad for the PT of the races.

First post time at Del Mar today is 11:25 AM PT, when the Damascus Stakes will run!

I know the Marathon isn't a BC race anymore, but it goes off at 1:45 PM, with the BC Juvie Fillies to start the BC races at 2:25 PM.

You should be able to make it well in time for the big action.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Insane Crazy

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:32 pm

The card gets off to a start with the seven furlong Damascus Stakes, won by a determined Americanize.
Speaking of the G2 Marathon, I see that Destin is running. I'd wondered what the full to Creative Cause was up to. His second in the Belmont showed he has some stamina, although he may be up against a tough foe in Hard Aces.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby bare it all » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:53 pm

I saw Destin in that race. Hope he does well! He's a lovely fellow, regardless. #prettyponypost
bare it all

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:07 pm

I posted over in the Juv. Fillies Turf thread that Frankie Dettori has concerns about winning from an outside post on the turf.
Well, Ritzy A. P. just won the 2nd, a 1 1/16-mile AOC on the grass...from the #11 post. The #10 Lazzam was 2nd.
Looks like you need to have some speed from the gate to get a decent position, at least mid-pack, but the outside stalls aren't necessarily the kiss of death.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Kennedy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:23 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I posted over in the Juv. Fillies Turf thread that Frankie Dettori has concerns about winning from an outside post on the turf.
Well, Ritzy A. P. just won the 2nd, a 1 1/16-mile AOC on the grass...from the #11 post. The #10 Lazzam was 2nd.
Looks like you need to have some speed from the gate to get a decent position, at least mid-pack, but the outside stalls aren't necessarily the kiss of death.

Good horses can win from anywhere but sometimes hurdles are hard to overcome when you're trying to beat an equally good horse who doesn't need to overcome anything.
Kennedy

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:42 pm

Baffert gets his weekend going with a win in the 3rd with Dabster, a colt coming off a ten-month layoff. He really does know how to have a horse ready after some time off.
Last edited by BaroqueAgain1 on Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Kennedy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:42 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Baffert gets his weekend going with a win in the 3rd, with Dabster, a colt coming off a ten-month layoff. He really does know how to have a horse ready after some time off.

Omens for Mor Spirit? He is likely the best horse that I am seeing being universally opposed.
Kennedy

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:09 pm

We have had our first (and I hope to the Racing Gods the only) fatality on BC weekend when Cheekaboomboom was injured after passing the wire in the 2nd.
From DRF Live:
Cheekaboomboom suffered an injury to his left foreleg and was undergoing evaluation, according to track stewards.
There is a post over in the In Memoriam 2017 thread that he was euthanized. :(
BaroqueAgain1

Next

Return to Racing