BC Complaint Thread

Re: BC Complaint Thread

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:48 pm

It really has been a crapshoot today. Pull numbers out of a hat is right.
Maybe I'm a crazy optimist, but I'm thinking that Del Mar doesn't get the BC again. At least not until a whole lot of trainers and owners have forgotten the disappointment of their favorites finishing off the board. :?
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Somnambulist » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:53 pm

Del Mar shouldn't be penalized because a bunch of trainers couldn't get their horses to run on a big day.

It's racing. It happens. The Jets have a better record than the Giants. Sports aren't meant to be 100% predictable - that's why they're fun!
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby Somnambulist » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:55 pm

Jewel needs to tone it down on the highlighter.
Somnambulist

Postby Tessablue » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:55 pm

I don't mind favorite losing, it's more interesting this way. But I do loathe a track that eliminates certain horses by default, so it has two more races to win me over.
Tessablue

Postby stark » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:35 pm

Is the "Graveyard of Favorites" in danger of shutting its doors because trainers won't show up?

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:It really has been a crapshoot today. Pull numbers out of a hat is right.
Maybe I'm a crazy optimist, but I'm thinking that Del Mar doesn't get the BC again. At least not until a whole lot of trainers and owners have forgotten the disappointment of their favorites finishing off the board. :?
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby KimmieB » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:30 pm

Not sure if this fits the topic, but is it just me or are there a lot of commercial breaks? I feel like I'm seeing more ads than horses or features...
KimmieB

Postby Delamont » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:32 pm

KimmieB wrote:Not sure if this fits the topic, but is it just me or are there a lot of commercial breaks? I feel like I'm seeing more ads than horses or features...

Now that they switched to the awful NBC coverage? Of course.
Delamont

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:33 pm

Maybe that's a good thing? At least there are businesses who want to pay for ads during horse racing coverage. ;)
BaroqueAgain1

Postby katmandu » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:17 pm

Two plus hours after the BCC and DRF still doesn't have a story up? Did someone forget?

Aaron V playing schoolyard bully with Mig - who is all class. Someone tie him on a racehorse. . . .
katmandu

Postby Somnambulist » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:26 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Maybe that's a good thing? At least there are businesses who want to pay for ads during horse racing coverage. ;)

My boyfriend, sister, and Mom were kind enough to deal with this most of the day. They all thought the two days should occur on 1 day only in two locations and roaye back and forth. Like the Sunshine State series used to be.

Interesting to get an outside perspective.
Somnambulist

PreviousNext

Return to Racing