BC Complaint Thread

Somnambulist

Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:03 pm

Tessablue wrote:can't remember the last time that happened.
When they decided to make this event 2 days. It's just overkill. Thank God for modern technology, though. 10 years ago I wouldn't even have a prayer of watching a race on my phone.

I should have taken tomorrow off but I need a new job and need to save interview dates soooo. At the very least I guess I should have worked from home. Silly me!
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:13 pm

It's already the eve of the first Breeders' Cup day, and I feel like the time has just flown by. Waiting for these races all year...and now I know the next two days are going to whip past and I'll have Post-Breeders' Cup Hangover Sunday morning before I know it.
I want to slow everything down. :(
Somnambulist

Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:16 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:It's already the eve of the first Breeders' Cup day, and I feel like the time has just flown by. Waiting for these races all year...and now I know the next two days are going to whip past and I'll have Post-Breeders' Cup Hangover Sunday morning before I know it.
I want to slow everything down. :(
One day closer to the holidays (and getting stuff), which is one day closer to the Superbowl, which is almost a month away from March/Daylight savings, which is a look-ahead to Derby Day.. damn, we're basically at this time next year already!
Treve

Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:20 pm

Tessablue wrote:Yeah I'm just hoping I'll be able to get home in time to watch tomorrow's races, can't remember the last time that happened. I like the extra races for the most part, but missing up to four BC races every year is really a downer.
Yeah I realized my Saturday is gonna be pretty busy as well so I can only hope I'll manage to stream them from my phone. I think tomorrow will be slightly more manageable, I like the non-championship races too but luckily I do think since it's on the west coast tomorrow I might be back home in time. Saturday might be a little tighter though but damn it if I have to stream it in my car and plug my phone on the sound system I will :lol:
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Tessablue

Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:26 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
Tessablue wrote:can't remember the last time that happened.
When they decided to make this event 2 days. It's just overkill. Thank God for modern technology, though. 10 years ago I wouldn't even have a prayer of watching a race on my phone.

I should have taken tomorrow off but I need a new job and need to save interview dates soooo. At the very least I guess I should have worked from home. Silly me!
Ha yeah last year I was at a wedding and just snuck away every 45 minutes. I could probably handle all the races in one day (and how cool would it be to watch a card like that allll day long?) but the two days is rough.

Good luck with the interviews, hope you end up with a job that'll let you watch next year's.
Somnambulist

Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:28 pm

Hopefully we all win the lotto and are yelling at each other over our own horses running in these races.
Apollo

Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:25 am

Senator L wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:From things I've read/heard, I've gotten the impression that, since it was "redeveloped," Gulfstream no longer has the grandstand capacity a BC would need. It's become a shopping mall with a racetrack attached. :?
They're working on it with portable stands. Never count out Frankie
The shopping mall description is accurate. Upscale shopping mall. I have to concede I hated it at first, but no question they made a bold move and Gulfstream is more relevant and lively than it would have been.

Portable stands could certainly occupy the mid stretch through top of the stretch for a Breeders Cup. For high portable stands they would have to block off some of that parking lot and install some out of the way wagering machines. No big deal. There really isn't much room between outer rail and where the parking lot begins. If that parking lot were 30 yards back then portable stands would be no issue at all.
Life At Zen

Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:17 am

The only complaint I have is that I won't be there.
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
starrydreamer

Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:34 pm

My only complaint is that we have family coming this weekend and so I'm not going to be able to watch the Saturday races live.
Treve

Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:39 pm

Somnambulist wrote:Hopefully we all win the lotto and are yelling at each other over our own horses running in these races.
Can you imagine a TBC ownership group? :lol:
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Tessablue

Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:43 pm

Treve wrote:
Somnambulist wrote:Hopefully we all win the lotto and are yelling at each other over our own horses running in these races.
The Pretty Pony Partnership
starrydreamer

Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:46 pm

Tessablue wrote:
Treve wrote:
Yessss.
Sparrow Castle

Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:53 pm

starrydreamer wrote:
Tessablue wrote:
Treve wrote: Can you imagine a TBC ownership group? :lol:
Yessss.
I'm in, lol!
Treve

Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:55 pm

So I guess we're gonna have to pool for a Medaglia d'Oro Baby? ;)
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

BaroqueAgain1

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:11 pm

I mean no disrespect to Larry Colmus, who is a good race caller, but...
...why is NBC putting their microphone in front of him when Del Mar has the great Trevor Denman calling the races? When I watched the BC races yesterday, you could faintly hear Trevor's call in the background of Larry's calls.
I would prefer to have someone who is very familiar with Del Mar and its 'quirks' calling the BC.
Treve

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:15 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I mean no disrespect to Larry Colmus, who is a good race caller, but...
...why is NBC putting their microphone in front of him when Del Mar has the great Trevor Denman calling the races? When I watched the BC races yesterday, you could faintly hear Trevor's call in the background of Larry's calls.
I would prefer to have someone who is very familiar with Del Mar and its 'quirks' calling the BC.
Probably a contractual matter. I've been watching the live stream though so I've gotten Denman's calls :)
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

perfectsoul

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:17 pm

I like Trevor fine, but he was making me crazy yesterday calling Dusteeen instead of Destin. Repeatedly.
lurkey mclurker

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:29 pm

The Breeders' Cup site livestream has Trevor Denman's calls. :mrgreen:

http://www.breederscup.com/races/watch
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:11 pm

Maybe the owners actually prefer a French pronunciation for Destin? :P ;)
lurkey mclurker

Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:25 pm

If it was French (assuming I'm remembering my 4 years of the language correctly) it would be Des-tan.