1 Champagne Room (KY) 3/F L M Gutierrez 121 P Eurton 15/1
2 Stellar Wind (VA) 5/M L V Espinoza 124 J W Sadler 5/2
3 Mopotism (KY) 3/F L L Dettori 121 D F O'Neill 30/1
4 Abel Tasman (KY) 3/F L M E Smith 121 B Baffert 4/1
5 Elate (KY) 3/F L J L Ortiz 121 W I Mott 3/1
6 Forever Unbridled (KY) 5/M L J R Velazquez 124 D Stewart 4/1
7 Paradise Woods (KY) 3/F L F Prat 121 R E Mandella 9/2
8 Romantic Vision (KY) 5/M L B J Hernandez, Jr. 124 G R Arnold, II 15/1
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Re: BC Distaff 1-1/8 DIRT Friday R9

Postby stark » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:15 pm

1 Champagne Room Pete Eurton Into deep end after sharp comeback, worked super since, also worked well summer Del Mar, could hit the board 15-1
2 Stellar Wind John Sadler Light campaign 2017 unfolded to perfection, 3 for 3 Grade 1's, could tuck into cozy trip sitting second, 97-day layoff 5-2
3 Mopotism Doug O'Neill Connections never bashful to take shots major races, but G2-placed filly tough to endorse on basic handicapping 20-1
4 Abel Tasman Bob Baffert "Ran off" in most recent outings, workouts by Kentucky Oaks winner suggest that won't happen again 6-1
5 Elate Bill Mott Blossoming at right time, training super, impressive G1's recent pair, Hall of Fame trainer won this race five times 3-1
6 Forever Unbridled Dallas Stewart Mutliple G1-winning road warrior won seven races on seven tracks, finished third this race last year, 73-day layoff 5-1
7 Paradise Woods Richard Mandella Likely pacesetter returned to form last out, trained super Del Mar main track all summer, legit threat on front end 4-1
8 Romantic Vision Rusty Arnold Career finale for Lemon Drop Kid 5yo who scored first G1 victory last time out on "sloppy" racetrack at Keeneland 10-1
- Comments and odds by Brad Free @ DRF
stark

Postby stark » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:29 pm

stark

Postby Senator L » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:04 pm

I'm boxing 1 and 6. To me there is lots of pace in this race and Stellar Wind is an overlay (IMO)
I think she'll stalk a fast pace and fade. I think Paradise Woods will fade too as long as someone
keeps her company. Elate has really come into her own and is training great but you can't take them all ;)
No one has ever bet enough on a winning horse.
Richard Sasuly
Senator L

Postby Izvestia » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:22 pm

I just ❤️ Stellar Wind, rooting for her.

Stellar Wind
Elate
Champagne Room
Last edited by Izvestia on Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Izvestia

Postby Horsebagger » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:54 pm

I'm completely against Elate here as the likely favorite. She can win, but way too short a price relative to her chances to win based on Sheet numbers. I think either Stellar Wind or Unbridled Forever are the most likely winners.
Horsebagger

Postby Treve » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:01 pm

Horsebagger wrote:I'm completely against Elate here as the likely favorite. She can win, but way too short a price relative to her chances to win based on Sheet numbers. I think either Stellar Wind or Unbridled Forever are the most likely winners.

I think Forever Unbridled will go off at a great price and she's been flying under the radar. I really like her chances here and I think she will likely get a pace setup since it'd be stupid for any of them to let Paradise Woods alone on the lead and Stellar Wind is great at pressing (but UF has proven she can run into a soft pace as well and isn't as dependent on it unlike Abel Tasman iirc so I like her better).
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby Horsebagger » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:59 pm

Treve wrote:
Horsebagger wrote:I'm completely against Elate here as the likely favorite. She can win, but way too short a price relative to her chances to win based on Sheet numbers. I think either Stellar Wind or Unbridled Forever are the most likely winners.

I think Forever Unbridled will go off at a great price and she's been flying under the radar. I really like her chances here and I think she will likely get a pace setup since it'd be stupid for any of them to let Paradise Woods alone on the lead and Stellar Wind is great at pressing (but UF has proven she can run into a soft pace as well and isn't as dependent on it unlike Abel Tasman iirc so I like her better).

I like the two main older mares over the 3yos. Never believed this year's 3yo fillies were consistently impressive, and Elate simply hasn't run very fast (ONE single digit Rag # the whole year). My concern with Stellar Wind is Sadler's record in the Breeders Cup overall, but I am going to use both of them in this leg of the P4.
Horsebagger

Postby Sparrow Castle » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:51 pm

Fipke will have to pay double jock's fee for Forever Unbridled in Distaff
The California stewards informed Charles Fipke, owner of Breeders' Cup Distaff contender Forever Unbridled, that he will have to pay the jockeys John Velazquez and Joel Rosario the same fee based on how much money the mare earns in Friday's $2 million race.

On Monday, at entry time but before post positions were drawn later that afternoon, Fipke replaced Rosario with Velazquez. Rosario had ridden Forever Unbridled in her last six starts, including victories this year in the Grade 2 Fleur de Lis at Churchill Downs and the Grade 1 Personal Ensign at Saratoga.

Ron Anderson, the agent for Rosario, told the stewards he had a call with Dallas Stewart, the trainer of Forever Unbridled, for the Distaff. The stewards spoke to Stewart, who confirmed that was the case. Velazquez, until Monday, did not have a mount in the race.

In instructing Fipke to pay a double jocks fee, the stewards -- Grant Baker, Scott Chaney and Kim Sawyer _ cited California Horse Racing Rule 1791, which states "conflict claims for the service of a jockey shall be decided by the stewards."

Jockeys make 10-percent of purse money earned for finishing first, second of third. Beyond that, a jockey received a $150 losing mount fee, according to the stewards.

http://live.drf.com/nuggets/39406-fipke-will-have-to-pay-double-jock-s-fee-for-forever-unbridled-in-distaff

I can see Fipke's point. Just look at Verve's Tale's chart notes from last Saturday. I'll likely be betting Forever Unbridled.
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/BEL102817USA8.pdf
Sparrow Castle

Postby Tessablue » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:06 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:http://live.drf.com/nuggets/39406-fipke-will-have-to-pay-double-jock-s-fee-for-forever-unbridled-in-distaff

I can see Fipke's point. Just look at Verve's Tale's chart notes from last Saturday. I'll likely be betting Forever Unbridled.
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/BEL102817USA8.pdf

Ah, the "not bailed out by Forever Unbridled" ride.

I wonder what's worse: the bad karma from switching jockeys, or the probability of Bad Rosario showing up?
Tessablue

Next

Return to Racing