BC Dirt Mile Friday R7

Re: BC Dirt Mile Friday R7

Postby ThreeMustangs » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:11 pm

Tessablue wrote:I'm really surprised Battle of Midway ran that way, always thoughts he was pretty light on talent.

Maybe he just really likes Del Mar.
ThreeMustangs

Postby Horsebagger » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:13 pm

Tessablue wrote:Think you've got something with that Sadler angle, Horsebagger... Victor did him zero favors, but Accelerate had nothing.

I'm really surprised Battle of Midway ran that way, always thoughts he was pretty light on talent.

Thought you were going to give me props for my Key horse. And tossing the favorite. Oh, and hitting the Super!?!
Horsebagger

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:15 pm

Great run by Battle of Midway.
Mor Spirit looked like a horse who has lost his zest for this whole racing game. :? Wonder if a retirement is coming?
In the Battle of the Tapits, Remington Park stakes horse Iron Fist beat the more expensive Cupid. ;)
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Treve » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:16 pm

Horsebagger wrote:
Tessablue wrote:Think you've got something with that Sadler angle, Horsebagger... Victor did him zero favors, but Accelerate had nothing.

I'm really surprised Battle of Midway ran that way, always thoughts he was pretty light on talent.

Thought you were going to give me props for my Key horse. And tossing the favorite. Oh, and hitting the Super!?!

I certainly will give you props for all of the above because I gave up, threw a 2$ place bet on Sharp Azteca and called it a day :lol: (which I can't be too mad about)
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby Tessablue » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:16 pm

Horsebagger wrote:

Just recalling our conversation, I don't have everyone's picks memorized. Congrats, you nailed that race.
Tessablue

Postby Curtis » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:30 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Mor Spirit looked like a horse who has lost his zest for this whole racing game. :? Wonder if a retirement is coming?

I'm sure at some point but I don't know that he's done enough to make much of a prospect with his breeding. He ran out of his skin in the Met Mile which necessitated recovery, I would think, and has just started to come around in his training. I thought maybe Baffert would have run him in that same race that Hopportunity ran in last weekend--maybe he wasn't eligible--and then go to the Cigar Mile since his best race was a one-turn mile. I don't remember his debut, but Mor Spirit has never impressed me as a horse who excels off of a layoff.
Curtis

Previous

Return to Racing