Race-caller Stone not returning to NYRA

Race-caller Stone not returning to NYRA

Postby PJMIII » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:04 am

Travis Stone, who has split the race-calling duties at Aqueduct the last three winters with John Imbriale, will not be returning to the New York Racing Association this winter.

http://www.drf.com/news/race-caller-sto ... rning-nyra
PJMIII

Re: Race-caller Stone not returning to NYRA

Postby Little Watermelon » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:46 am

Too bad. I like Imbriale a lot, but Stone is a very fine race caller.
Little Watermelon

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:26 pm

Frank Mirahmadi has been named the new back-up announcer for Aqueduct.
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/peop ... -aqueduct/

Good for Frank. I hope taking on this new gig also means he has recovered from his health issues.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Curtis » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:39 pm

What does that say about the GGF gig that being the back-up announcer at Aqueduct in the winter is a better career move? GGF may have to choose between Alan Buchdahl (I've always liked him) or Mchorseracecall. I guess there is Matt Dinerman but he'd have to give up EMD and that might come with a fight as he's gathered a following up here.
Curtis

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:52 pm

Or maybe what it says is that the cost of living is higher in the Bay area than it is in NY? :P :D
If Golden Gate needs a new announcer, maybe there's some young, ambitious Aussie race caller wanting to move to California? :D
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Somnambulist » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:58 pm

Curtis wrote:What does that say about the GGF gig that being the back-up announcer at Aqueduct in the winter is a better career move?

NYRA is the best racing product in the country, overall. I imagine the facetime alone is worth it.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby stark » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:08 pm

Curtis wrote:What does that say about the GGF gig that being the back-up announcer at Aqueduct in the winter is a better career move? GGF may have to choose between Alan Buchdahl (I've always liked him) or Mchorseracecall. I guess there is Matt Dinerman but he'd have to give up EMD and that might come with a fight as he's gathered a following up here.

What, no love for Angela Hermann?
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Curtis » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:19 pm

stark wrote:
Curtis wrote:What does that say about the GGF gig that being the back-up announcer at Aqueduct in the winter is a better career move? GGF may have to choose between Alan Buchdahl (I've always liked him) or Mchorseracecall. I guess there is Matt Dinerman but he'd have to give up EMD and that might come with a fight as he's gathered a following up here.

What, no love for Angela Hermann?

As rhetorical as that question is, I'm sure, no. Her calls were like listening to Siri giving GPS directions.
Curtis

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:53 pm

I'd LOVE to see female race callers become as common and accepted as their male colleagues, but....every time I heard Angela call a race, I wished I were listening to someone else. Bless her heart, she was enthusiastic, but IMHO she does not have the voice for the job. :oops:
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Curtis » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:57 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I'd LOVE to see female race callers become as common and accepted as their male colleagues, but....every time I heard Angela call a race, I wished I were listening to someone else. Bless her heart, she was enthusiastic, but IMHO she does not have the voice for the job. :oops:

It could be an adroginous Martian. Just as long as there is reasonable accuracy without combining a cure for insomnia, I'm good.
Curtis

Next

Return to Racing