Keeneland, Churchill partnering on two new racetracks

Re: Keeneland, Churchill partnering on two new racetracks

Postby Admin » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:24 am

I think everyone but KEE and CD are scratching their heads over this one.

I'd prefer that these two entities, along with other current Ky tracks, work to improve their product enough so that there is at least a 9-month period of quality racing in Ky. It's a shame that no one wants to keep top horses in the tb capital of the country.
"This is how we roll in the Shire." -- Leonard
Admin
Site Admin

Postby blamethewinner » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:37 pm

Admin wrote:I think everyone but KEE and CD are scratching their heads over this one.

I'd prefer that these two entities, along with other current Ky tracks, work to improve their product enough so that there is at least a 9-month period of quality racing in Ky. It's a shame that no one wants to keep top horses in the tb capital of the country.

Ellis' summer meet is vastly improved. KY Downs is one of the only bright spots in the game. There's pretty solid racing in KY from April through November. It's Turfway that'd be the exception, and that's never going to change.

The story here is that KEE and CD joined forces to break up the monopoly on alternative revenue that KY Downs has held for the last few years. If the KHRC does not grant them their wish, then the point is moot. But you'd have to think organizations with the respective strength of CD and KEE would wield tremendous power.
blamethewinner

Postby Miss Woodford » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:07 am

blamethewinner wrote:
Admin wrote:I think everyone but KEE and CD are scratching their heads over this one.

Ellis' summer meet is vastly improved. KY Downs is one of the only bright spots in the game. There's pretty solid racing in KY from April through November. It's Turfway that'd be the exception, and that's never going to change.

The story here is that KEE and CD joined forces to break up the monopoly on alternative revenue that KY Downs has held for the last few years. If the KHRC does not grant them their wish, then the point is moot. But you'd have to think organizations with the respective strength of CD and KEE would wield tremendous power.

Also the Red Mile still brings out the best Standardbreds in the country for their summer and Grand Circuit meetings. Gorgeous facility too. They could add a short spring meet, maybe coinciding with nearby Keeneland (Keeneland during the day, Red Mile primetime?) which would benefit both tracks.
Miss Woodford

Postby Dusty » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:15 am

blamethewinner wrote:

Totally agree! And racing in Kentucky should only run April - November - the weather folks - But we all know this not about racing it is about the money - Kentucky Downs wants more dates = why not give it to them>>>???
May they run with the WIND
Dusty

Previous

Return to Racing