Sparrow Castle

Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:01 pm

Sparrow Castle

Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:45 pm

Ray Paulick‏ @raypaulick 50m50 minutes ago
Wowser.
BaroqueAgain1

Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:26 pm

If it's true that the KHRC made it clear that it is NOT considering any 'new race track facilities,' that makes me wonder why CDI/Keeneland released that announcement. Did they jump the gun hoping that there would be so much public support for the proposals that people would pressure the KHRC into giving in to CDI? :?

ETA: Bloodhorse has an article that indicates the two new tracks would be for harness and QH racing.
Standardbred, Quarter Horse Execs Support New KY Tracks
Breed association executives say more live racing is desperately needed.
Read: https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... -ky-tracks

Is that true? Is 'more live racing' needed 'desperately?' :shock:
WaquoitNBroadBrush

Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:57 pm

The story says the quarter horse track will offer racing on "10 to 12" Fridays and Saturdays during the summer. I'd say this racing is only "desperately needed" by ownership, to allow the Instant Racing machines to operate on the other 353 to 355 days.
Dusty

Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:27 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:If it's true that the KHRC made it clear that it is NOT considering any 'new race track facilities,' that makes me wonder why CDI/Keeneland released that announcement. Did they jump the gun hoping that there would be so much public support for the proposals that people would pressure the KHRC into giving in to CDI? :?

ETA: Bloodhorse has an article that indicates the two new tracks would be for harness and QH racing.
Standardbred, Quarter Horse Execs Support New KY Tracks
Breed association executives say more live racing is desperately needed.
Read: https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... -ky-tracks

Is that true? Is 'more live racing' needed 'desperately?' :shock:
No more live racing is NOT needed - but did they perhaps take a look at the SUCCESSFUL Ky Downs ?? Trying to steal their piece?? NOT RIGHT I am ashamed of Keeneland - CDI is what it is.
May they run with the WIND
Somnambulist

Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:57 pm

I'm amazed at how racing wants to kill itself.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Miss Woodford

Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:04 am

If more STB/QH racing is needed that desparately can they not just extend racing dates at the Red Mile and/or Bluegrass Downs? Red Mile has live racing just 6 weeks a year and they already have had QH racing there, and Bluegrass has just a month of live racing. Don't see the need for another venue.
Rick1323

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:26 am

The greed and self centered stupidity of Churchill has been demonstrated in the past. To see anyone partnering in this is even more disappointing. Is the success of Kentucky Downs that much of a threat to either of them?
Everyone come home sound.....
Dusty

Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:37 am

Miss Woodford wrote:If more STB/QH racing is needed that desparately can they not just extend racing dates at the Red Mile and/or Bluegrass Downs? Red Mile has live racing just 6 weeks a year and they already have had QH racing there, and Bluegrass has just a month of live racing. Don't see the need for another venue.
EXACTLY - I guess it makes too much sense...but come on that is not the real reason...
Admin

Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:24 am

I think everyone but KEE and CD are scratching their heads over this one.

I'd prefer that these two entities, along with other current Ky tracks, work to improve their product enough so that there is at least a 9-month period of quality racing in Ky. It's a shame that no one wants to keep top horses in the tb capital of the country.
"This is how we roll in the Shire." -- Leonard
blamethewinner

Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:37 pm

Admin wrote:I think everyone but KEE and CD are scratching their heads over this one.

I'd prefer that these two entities, along with other current Ky tracks, work to improve their product enough so that there is at least a 9-month period of quality racing in Ky. It's a shame that no one wants to keep top horses in the tb capital of the country.
Ellis' summer meet is vastly improved. KY Downs is one of the only bright spots in the game. There's pretty solid racing in KY from April through November. It's Turfway that'd be the exception, and that's never going to change.

The story here is that KEE and CD joined forces to break up the monopoly on alternative revenue that KY Downs has held for the last few years. If the KHRC does not grant them their wish, then the point is moot. But you'd have to think organizations with the respective strength of CD and KEE would wield tremendous power.
Miss Woodford

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:07 am

blamethewinner wrote:
Admin wrote:I think everyone but KEE and CD are scratching their heads over this one.

Ellis' summer meet is vastly improved. KY Downs is one of the only bright spots in the game. There's pretty solid racing in KY from April through November. It's Turfway that'd be the exception, and that's never going to change.

The story here is that KEE and CD joined forces to break up the monopoly on alternative revenue that KY Downs has held for the last few years. If the KHRC does not grant them their wish, then the point is moot. But you'd have to think organizations with the respective strength of CD and KEE would wield tremendous power.
Also the Red Mile still brings out the best Standardbreds in the country for their summer and Grand Circuit meetings. Gorgeous facility too. They could add a short spring meet, maybe coinciding with nearby Keeneland (Keeneland during the day, Red Mile primetime?) which would benefit both tracks.
Dusty

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:15 am

blamethewinner wrote:

Totally agree! And racing in Kentucky should only run April - November - the weather folks - But we all know this not about racing it is about the money - Kentucky Downs wants more dates = why not give it to them>>>???