Breeders' Cup prep probables?

Re: Breeders' Cup prep probables?

Postby Kennedy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:28 am

For me it looks like the Joe Hirsch is the race of the weekend! They should be thrilled to get a race like that put together.
Kennedy

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:22 pm

After that 'Holy Cow!' win in the Beldame against older, I'd put Elate near the top of possible entrants in the BC Distaff. She was blocked in the stretch, but found a seam and just left the rest of the field behind, by what looked like double digits, geared down. That MdO filly has really blossomed.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby barbaro111 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:30 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:After that 'Holy Cow!' win in the Beldame against older, I'd put Elate near the top of possible entrants in the BC Distaff. She was blocked in the stretch, but found a seam and just left the rest of the field behind, by what looked like double digits, geared down. That MdO filly has really blossomed.

She is fearless----an awesome win for her
barbaro111

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:43 pm

The Left Coast G1 for fillies and mares, the Lady's Secret...I mean, the Zenyatta...was also won by a three-year-old filly. However, Paradise Wood's dominant win doesn't mean quite as much to me since she was facing only three other horses. :(
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Diver52 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:39 am

True dat, but she showed the kind of blitzkrieg runemofftheirfeet talent that she hadn't shown in her last two starts. Will make the BCD more interesting--could certainly set up for the Unbridled Whatever. (I can't remember if its U/F or F/U.)
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Diver52

Postby stark » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:24 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:The Left Coast G1 for fillies and mares, the Lady's Secret...I mean, the Zenyatta...was also won by a three-year-old filly. However, Paradise Wood's dominant win doesn't mean quite as much to me since she was facing only three other horses. :(

https://twitter.com/Steve_Byk/status/914487569043398656
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Tessablue » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:40 pm

Visually Elate was very impressive, but I hadn't even heard of the place and show horses and the BSF was pretty slow. Meanwhile, it's hard to imagine that Paradise Woods gets a similar trip in the BC. Looks like the Distaff is going to be a tough race to figure.
Tessablue

Postby Kennedy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:45 am

Of the major preps we've seen so far how many horses looked like playable entrants for BC races?

For me the standouts have been Bolt d'Oro and World Approval. Both look like excellent candidates for their races and will be super tough.

Other interesting parties are Elate, Paradise Woods, Sharp Azteca, Moonshine Memories and Takaful.

Being perfectly honest I have no idea what to do with Beach Patrol
Kennedy

Postby Somnambulist » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:36 am

Tessablue wrote:Visually Elate was very impressive, but I hadn't even heard of the place and show horses and the BSF was pretty slow. Meanwhile, it's hard to imagine that Paradise Woods gets a similar trip in the BC. Looks like the Distaff is going to be a tough race to figure.

The track had to be drying out by the time of her race, though. Maybe that hindered it.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby Tessablue » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:10 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
Tessablue wrote:Visually Elate was very impressive, but I hadn't even heard of the place and show horses and the BSF was pretty slow. Meanwhile, it's hard to imagine that Paradise Woods gets a similar trip in the BC. Looks like the Distaff is going to be a tough race to figure.

The track had to be drying out by the time of her race, though. Maybe that hindered it.

Totally possible. She did close genuinely quickly and it's possible that the pace precluded a better time or figure, I just see a lot of question marks and I'm always leery of Belmont-preppers in west-coast BCs... she certainly won't be the only one with unanswered questions going in, however.

Kennedy wrote:Of the major preps we've seen so far how many horses looked like playable entrants for BC races?

For me the standouts have been Bolt d'Oro and World Approval. Both look like excellent candidates for their races and will be super tough.

Other interesting parties are Elate, Paradise Woods, Sharp Azteca, Moonshine Memories and Takaful.

Being perfectly honest I have no idea what to do with Beach Patrol
I don't know what to do with him either, or the turf division in general. But I do know that I love Imperial Hint as a potential longshot for the Sprint, which may well turn out to be the race of the day. Drefong, Takaful, Imperial Hint, and El Deal are all crazy talented.
Tessablue

PreviousNext

Return to Racing