Oscar Performance

Re: Oscar Performance

Postby mariasmon » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:59 pm

sweettalk wrote:
mariasmon wrote:
sweettalk wrote:Have any other 3yr olds clocked in 3 straight with 2 G1s? Serious question, the dirt 3yr old boys have been a yawnfest so I haven't noticed.

Always Dreaming did, if you happened to be watching the Florida Derby and Kentucky Derby, which he won to follow up MSW and A/OC wins.

Do forgive me for forgetting the FL derby. I'm so sorry.

:roll: It's usually a pretty significant race on the TC trail. Silly me for figuring serious racing fans watched it.
mariasmon

Postby sweettalk » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:01 pm

get the hell over yourself. I'm not the first person on this board to forget a horse or a win and I won't be the last.
Follow your heart. You need it. And where did it learn to scurry like that?
sweettalk

Postby mariasmon » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:04 pm

sweettalk wrote:get the hell over yourself. I'm not the first person on this board to forget a horse or a win and I won't be the last.

Again, :roll:. I apologize for providing an answer to the question you asked.
mariasmon

Postby Treve » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:08 am

Although it brings up a good point about all the talks that no race prior to the KY Derby should be a G1. Not sure I entirely agree but goes to show how easily those races get lost in the fray.
None the less, OP still won three straight graded stakes which is more than any of the other 3yo males have this year so far. Still a lot can happen between now and the end of the year. I don't think the division's fate is sealed in any way.
Also I liked OP bet on him last year at Saratoga as a 2yo.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby Somnambulist » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:09 pm

Treve wrote:Although it brings up a good point about all the talks that no race prior to the KY Derby should be a G1. Not sure I entirely agree but goes to show how easily those races get lost in the fray.

I really never thought that I'd ever be a person to forget who wins races (the 13 year old in me cries), but honestly, life really just gets in the way. I barely remember anything anymore. Maybe I've got plaque buildup. That said, I really feel like maybe 5 races should be a G1 for each division all year.

And one of those crappy 3yo males has to win the Travers and the PA Derby. There's still plenty of time for OP to be forgotten lol
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby ThreeMustangs » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:59 pm

Treve wrote:Although it brings up a good point about all the talks that no race prior to the KY Derby should be a G1. Not sure I entirely agree but goes to show how easily those races get lost in the fray.
None the less, OP still won three straight graded stakes which is more than any of the other 3yo males have this year so far. Still a lot can happen between now and the end of the year. I don't think the division's fate is sealed in any way.
Also I liked OP bet on him last year at Saratoga as a 2yo.

Very true. Arrogate hadn't even entered the conversation this time last year.
ThreeMustangs

Previous

Return to Racing