10%
Oscar Performance
25%
Someone else
30%

Total votes : 20

Re: 3YO Male Eclipse

Postby Treve » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:59 pm

Kennedy wrote:I feel Always Dreaming is one win away from locking up the award barring a major late season surge by someone. The 3yo's don't really look capable of winning the BC Classic or even major preps like the JC Gold Cup.

The Travers will have a big impact on voters but unless the Travers is won by one of the TC race winners, not named Always Dreaming, I think the Derby winner would hold sway. If he could add a race like the Jim Dandy or Penn Derby I think it would be enough for him.

Hypothetically if AD were to lose all of his next outings, do you think it would be whichever of the two other classic winners has the most G1s? And if either of those fail, do you think it would go to the 3yo with the most G1 wins this year?
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:52 pm

...do you think it would go to the 3yo with the most G1 wins this year?

And if that turns out to be Oscar Performance? :o
Oh man, I can just imagine the outraged pounding of keyboards if a turf colt gets the Three-year-Old Eclipse. :P :lol:
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Treve » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:35 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:...do you think it would go to the 3yo with the most G1 wins this year?

And if that turns out to be Oscar Performance? :o
Oh man, I can just imagine the outraged pounding of keyboards if a turf colt gets the Three-year-Old Eclipse. :P :lol:

now I want it to happen just for the sake of entertainment.
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Treve

Postby Somnambulist » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:44 pm

Do people really care about that? Unless you own/breed I feel like you have to consider the awards a joke to begin with.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby Treve » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:43 am

well it's horse racing you know, everyone has to have an opinion about everything.
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Treve

Postby bare it all » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:56 pm

So it's either Oscar Performance or..... Irap? Or a 3yo colt to be named later?
bare it all

Postby Apollo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:22 pm

Don't care about turf or anything else. They could give it to Irish War Cry for all I care.

Best Comedy
Apollo

Postby Kennedy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:11 am

bare it all wrote:So it's either Oscar Performance or..... Irap? Or a 3yo colt to be named later?

Despite looking really good I do think that Oscar Performance needs to win 1 or maybe even 2 G-1's against older horses to be considered for this award. The Secretariat isn't going to cut it for a resume. Turf 3yo's need to fight the bias and be more impressive than their main track counterparts.
Kennedy

Postby sweettalk » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:23 pm

i can't think of a dirt horse who's more impressive. he has equal G1 wins to the Derby winner (look i remembered this time!) and an additional G3 win, he had 2 flops early while AT had 2 flops late, so he's at least on par w AD, unless you move that one up because of his two maiden and AOC wins vs OP 's single G3.
Follow your heart. You need it. And where did it learn to scurry like that?
sweettalk

Postby Tessablue » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:23 pm

I don't get all that worked up about awards, but Oscar Performance really does nothing for me. He's had perfect trips at the front of slow paces and I don't think he's good enough to beat older horses- and a turf colt on a losing streak in the second half of the year won't cut it in January. I won't mind if he continues to succeed though, I kind of enjoy it when people get worked up over turf or synth awardees.

The Travers will probably decide the award, so long as nothing weird happens (and it very well could). If the three TC race winners all run and one of them wins, that horse will be on top by default and another win on the year would probably seal it. Same goes for Irap. It's just a hunch, but at the moment I suspect Tapwrit is poised to finish the year out best.
Tessablue

PreviousNext

Return to Racing