Diane Nelson reported dead

Re: Diane Nelson reported dead

Postby Rick1323 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:18 pm

WaquoitNBroadBrush wrote:Associated Press now reports that Diane was 51, not 52, not 54. Born in September 1965.

It really is disturbing how little was known about her after her racing career was over. I have to wonder how her life ended.......
Everyone come home sound.....
Rick1323

Postby Somnambulist » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:26 pm

Rick1323 wrote:
WaquoitNBroadBrush wrote:Associated Press now reports that Diane was 51, not 52, not 54. Born in September 1965.

It really is disturbing how little was known about her after her racing career was over. I have to wonder how her life ended.......

Why is this disturbing? Maybe she wanted it that way. We all live this way and are fine.

I don't know how anyone in the eye of the media handles it. What pressure.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby Somnambulist » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:53 pm

As a women, many of my accomplishments have been invalidated because I look or dress a certain way. Specifically that they happened because of those things.

I've never found this more true than in racing, truly. The sexual harassment can really only compare to what I've dealt with working near Wall Street and law firms, and at least there it was manageable. I have no idea how any woman in racing does it. I'd cry daily. I don't blame her for fading away.
Somnambulist

Postby stark » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:59 pm

Somnambulist wrote:As a women, many of my accomplishments have been invalidated because I look or dress a certain way. Specifically that they happened because of those things.

I've never found this more true than in racing, truly. The sexual harassment can really only compare to what I've dealt with working near Wall Street and law firms, and at least there it was manageable. I have no idea how any woman in racing does it. I'd cry daily. I don't blame her for fading away.

Rather than making the discussion all about you, I will say that I think you're damn lucky not to be 60-70-80 years old today.
Imagine the stories you could tell.
The fact is, life really ain't all that bad today by comparison to just a few short decades ago, no matter the industry.

Some professional women just 20-30 years ago!..... http://articles.latimes.com/1992-04-29/ ... state-farm

Count your blessings!
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Somnambulist » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:11 pm

Oh stfu. Get a job. A hobby. A life. Anything.Other than stalking me on 8 platforms.

I just didn't get the commentary on why she would remain private. It's pretty understandable. I was just trying to explain why she might.
Somnambulist

Postby Somnambulist » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:12 pm

But hey, stark is literally the reason multiple people have left this forum. Hopefully he's ok debating with himself.

And probably come contriburing to why sexual harassment is so under reported. Lol.

Literally look at all the men in this forum calling attention to her looks before her talent.
Somnambulist

Postby stark » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:17 pm

Somnambulist wrote:Anything.Other than stalking me on 8 platforms.

I have no idea what your implications there are, 8 what?

Somnambulist wrote:I just didn't get the commentary on why she would remain private.

So you decided to share more "Poor Som" analogies with us all.

Somnambulist wrote:Oh stfu. Get a life.

Words to live by!
stark

Postby Somnambulist » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:20 pm

Keep jerking off to me sweety. I'm taken.

Illustrating everything wrong with old, gross, sexist men.
Somnambulist

Postby stark » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:47 pm

Somnambulist wrote:Keep jerking off to me sweety.

stark

Postby Rick1323 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:24 am

Somnambulist wrote:
I just didn't get the commentary on why she would remain private. It's pretty understandable. I was just trying to explain why she might.

I get why anyone might want to remain private after a career in the spotlight is over. Others have done the same thing, but after they pass, there is usually a firestorm of information on where they were, how they died. I guess more than anything it is a commentary on just how little racing matters these days.

As you know I seldom post these days, but I had a couple of personal interactions with Diane and I liked her a lot........
Everyone come home sound.....
Rick1323

PreviousNext

Return to Racing