Mastery

Mastery

Postby Turul » Sun May 21, 2017 1:56 pm

I went back to January but did not find an entry for Mastery, although I am sure I just missed it.

Anyone has a status on him? I know his surgery went well and he is back in his barn.

How is he recovering? Any news from Baffert for his future?
"The natural impulses of every thoroughbred include his sense of honor; his love of fair play and courage; his dislike of pretense and of cheapness."
Turul

Re: Mastery

Postby Squeaky » Sun May 21, 2017 5:33 pm

I read somewhere that Mastery is doing well. It said he would have the pins removed in mid-June then go to " the farm" to finish healing. No word on his racing vs. breeding future. Bob said in a recent interview that it takes about 6 months before you can tell if the horse can return to racing. That would be Sept. We'll see.
Squeaky

Postby Turul » Tue May 23, 2017 1:59 pm

Squeaky wrote:I read somewhere that Mastery is doing well. It said he would have the pins removed in mid-June then go to " the farm" to finish healing. No word on his racing vs. breeding future. Bob said in a recent interview that it takes about 6 months before you can tell if the horse can return to racing. That would be Sept. We'll see.

Thank you so much for the update. I really loved the horse, it's a shame what happened.
"The natural impulses of every thoroughbred include his sense of honor; his love of fair play and courage; his dislike of pretense and of cheapness."
Turul

Postby LostADream » Wed May 24, 2017 7:31 pm

Fingers crossed. He's the only 3yo colt I liked this year, and the TC has been a yawner without him. Would love him to come back Arrogate-style and be a top older horse.
LostADream

Postby Treve » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:49 am

Mastery's future is still undecided.
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/bloo ... undecided/
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby peeptoad » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:16 am

Would be no surprise if he can't make it back after that injury, but it's a crying shame nevertheless. My gut feeling, whether or not it's correct (and it'll be impossible to know regardless of my opinion), is that he may have been "the" standout of this 3yo crop
peeptoad

Postby CoronadosQuest » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:35 am

Im going to assume that since Claiborne had them ship him to the farm, he is going to be retired. Such a shame :( Baffert was really high on him :(
CoronadosQuest

Postby WarBiscuit » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:33 pm

Article just posted at Paulick in the Bloodstock section says that Mastery is officially retired to stud.

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
WarBiscuit

Postby honneerider » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:02 pm

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/ma ... claiborne/

Was so hoping for a comeback. He looked great getting off the trailer yesterday, but know the decision was right for the safety of the horse.
honneerider

Postby Ziggypop » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:21 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote:Im going to assume that since Claiborne had them ship him to the farm, he is going to be retired. Such a shame :( Baffert was really high on him :(
The plan from the beginning was to ship him to Claiborne once he was cleared by the vets to travel.
Ziggypop

Next

Return to Racing