Mastery

Re: Mastery

Postby Treve » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:44 pm

Looks like I jinxed it. But yeah it was always the plan for him to recover at Claiborne regardless of future plans.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... ium=social
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby Catalina » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:25 pm

Apparently he "appears to be on the way to full recovery" which to me says he's a ways away from even thinking of resuming trainig and therefore doubtful for the BC. Ergo...
Catalina

Postby Ruffian_fan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:28 pm

Catalina wrote:Apparently he "appears to be on the way to full recovery" which to me says he's a ways away from even thinking of resuming trainig and therefore doubtful for the BC. Ergo...

Catalina, they have announced that he is officially retired.
Ruffian_fan

Postby Catalina » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:33 pm

Ruffian_fan wrote:
Catalina wrote:Apparently he "appears to be on the way to full recovery" which to me says he's a ways away from even thinking of resuming trainig and therefore doubtful for the BC. Ergo...

Yes, know. My guess is that likely they had planned on retiring him after the BC anyway, and since he looked like the BC was not going to be an option, why not retire him now.
Catalina

Postby Curtis » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:35 pm

Ruffian_fan wrote:

I believe Catalina is reading between the lines, but to be fair even in a perfect world, he never would have made this year's BC.
Curtis

Postby Apollo » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:39 pm

Reminds me of when I rooted for Vindication to return. Always seemed doubtful so I didn't have much hope here.

For as many classics and huge races Baffert has won, there easily could have been more.
Apollo

Previous

Return to Racing