Always Dreaming

Always Dreaming

Postby Treve » Mon May 15, 2017 12:12 pm

It came to my attention that the winner of the 143rd, 2017 Kentucky Derby does not have his own thread yet :o
I have thus, decided to rectify the situation.
(He who wears the roses, should always have a thread - ancient proverb of the TBC 'pretty pony picspam' brigade)
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Re: Always Dreaming

Postby Treve » Mon May 15, 2017 12:19 pm

Mr was a handful this morning. (His exercise rider is Nick Bush)
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Treve

Postby Treve » Mon May 15, 2017 12:20 pm

A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Treve

Postby luvsgeldings » Mon May 15, 2017 12:22 pm

wowie this handsome boy looks like he is feeling really good - wishing him all the best in the Preakness!!
luvsgeldings

Postby Treve » Mon May 15, 2017 12:24 pm

luvsgeldings wrote:wowie this handsome boy looks like he is feeling really good - wishing him all the best in the Preakness!!

I agree! Certainly a good sign to see him back to his energetic self!
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Treve

Postby Della » Mon May 15, 2017 12:31 pm

Thanks, Treve, for starting this thread for AD - totally deserved.

Does anyone have a link for his gallop this morning? Nick Bush has his hands full in the strongest sense!
Della

Postby Tessablue » Mon May 15, 2017 12:33 pm

Della wrote:Thanks, Treve, for starting this thread for AD - totally deserved.

Does anyone have a link for his gallop this morning? Nick Bush has his hands full in the strongest sense!

You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXsuN44OXDk

That channel does a really good job of putting up gallop and interview videos quickly every day. You can watch all of his mornings from the past week- he looks to be getting stronger every day.

And yes, I fully concur that this horse deserves his own thread! He ran such a good race in the Derby, and I really think he might be something very special.
Tessablue

Postby Treve » Mon May 15, 2017 12:41 pm

Tessablue wrote:
Della wrote:Thanks, Treve, for starting this thread for AD - totally deserved.

You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXsuN44OXDk

That channel does a really good job of putting up gallop and interview videos quickly every day. You can watch all of his mornings from the past week- he looks to be getting stronger every day.

And yes, I fully concur that this horse deserves his own thread! He ran such a good race in the Derby, and I really think he might be something very special.

Thanks for the link Tb!

I agree, I think he's genuinely talented, and I hope that Baffert is right in thinking him and CE will be battling it out moving forward. Would be wonderful to see a great rivalry and would be good for the sport. I am crossing my fingers and hoping they both remain safe and sound and that they will race on as older males. It seems to me their shared sire line producers horses that only get better with age.

Certainly looks like he'll make it to Saturday in tip top shape :lol:
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Treve

Postby Big Ten » Mon May 15, 2017 5:47 pm

With Royal Mo out, it looks easier for Always Dreaming with the pace only dealing with Conquest Mo Money. He should win the Preakness at odds-on and gives Todd Pletcher & John Velazquez their very first taste at trying to win the Triple Crown.

He isn't a freak like American Pharoah, so his chances of winning the Belmont is not as high. He is probably only on par with I'll Have Another and a shade below Smarty Jones and Big Brown who were undefeated when they won the first two legs.

Obviously, people want to support the Derby winner and want to see a horse sweep the TC. I will support him hard to win the Preakness like all the others who will pound him hard at the windows. Then take my chances against him when emotions come into play next June.

With 80% during the last 10 runnings is either the favorite or second favorite that won, you really can't go wrong with either Always Dreaming or Classic Empire winning the Preakness.
Rock Hard Ten. Zenyatta. Cigar. Ghostzapper. Lava Man. California Chrome. American Pharoah. Seattle Slew. Secretariat. Affirmed.
Big Ten

Postby Rick1323 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:50 pm

I don't agree that this is not a potential TC winner. He is still so lightly raced, he can literally turn out to be any kind of horse. He could run up the t rack and never be heard of again after a mysterious injury. But it is more likely he could improve off the Derby effort. I expect he will do exactly that..........
Everyone come home sound.....
Rick1323

Next

Return to Racing