Across the pond

Treve

Fri May 04, 2018 1:12 pm

Ryan Moore's thoughts on Saxon Warrior and Gustav Klimt
https://coolmore.com/farms/ballydoyle/n ... 00-guineas
O'Brien pair deserve to head 2000 Guineas market

I think Gustav Klimt is the deserved favourite for the big one at home in the 2000 Guineas.

I liked him a lot at two, when we didn't see him after he won the Superlative Stakes on the July course, and did so again when he won in much different ground at Leopardstown on his return.

The testing conditions would not have been in his favour there but he picked up well to beat a race-fit rival and the expected better ground at Newmarket will suit him well. This looks a good spot for him.

I loved everything about Saxon Warrior last season. I was very taken with him in the Beresford and he showed a really good attitude to beat Roaring Lion in the Racing Post Trophy.

Okay, the form has taken a couple of knocks but that was a high-class effort, trust me, and Aidan is very happy with how he has done over the winter. And he wouldn't be the first horse that he has brought here to win a Guineas first time out.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
ThreeMustangs

Sat May 05, 2018 10:24 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Just heard on TVG that Without Parole is out of the 2000 Guineas with a foot bruise.
There’s another nice Frankel in the race: Elarqam, who is out of 1,000 Guineas winner Attraction.
middleground

Sat May 05, 2018 10:29 am

Beautiful day at Newmarket. Saxon Warrior looks great.
middleground

Sat May 05, 2018 10:42 am

Good start to the day for Aidan O'Brien.
carole

Sat May 05, 2018 10:43 am

Saxon Warrior wins easily with an impressive turn of foot
Tip Two Win looks to have nabbed 2nd
Masar close 3rd
Treve

Sat May 05, 2018 10:45 am

middleground wrote:Beautiful day at Newmarket. Saxon Warrior looks great.
I'm glad to hear it, Ryan Moore seemed really high on him in that bit I posted, so I'm sure he was rooting for him!
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

ThreeMustangs

Sat May 05, 2018 10:54 am

Treve wrote:
middleground wrote:Beautiful day at Newmarket. Saxon Warrior looks great.
I'm glad to hear it, Ryan Moore seemed really high on him in that bit I posted, so I'm sure he was rooting for him!
Here’s hoping Mendelssohn makes giving up that ride worthwhile.
Treve

Sat May 05, 2018 10:57 am

I thought it was very high praise when RM chose to ride him here. Let's hope he's as astute in choosing horses as he is in riding them :D
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Treve

Sat May 05, 2018 11:14 am

Donnacha O'Brien thanked his dad in a post-race comment for trusting him with the horse. I believe that makes it his first classic win!
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

ThreeMustangs

Sat May 05, 2018 12:10 pm

The Guineas was AOB’s 300th G1 win.
BaroqueAgain1

Sat May 05, 2018 1:31 pm

He's by Deep Impact, which brings a different pedigree than Coolmore's usual Galileos. 8-)
https://www.racingpost.com/news/big-rac ... ien/330192
Treve

Sat May 05, 2018 1:37 pm

Sort of... he's out of a Galileo mare :D
Galileo has featured in the pedigree of the last 6 winners of the 2000 Guineas. Coolmore has made a spectacular nick here in pursuing Deep Impact as an outcross to their Galileo mares.
Kinda funny to see Sunday Silence's influence heading back West, this time to Europe.
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Ziggypop

Sat May 05, 2018 1:47 pm

Treve wrote:Sort of... he's out of a Galileo mare :D
Galileo has featured in the pedigree of the last 6 winners of the 2000 Guineas. Coolmore has made a spectacular nick here in pursuing Deep Impact as an outcross to their Galileo mares.
Kinda funny to see Sunday Silence's influence heading back West, this time to Europe.
I love that Sunday Silence is getting some serious respect.
tachyon

Sat May 05, 2018 6:26 pm

Starine wrote:
Treve wrote:Several overseas horses including 9 US horses are pointing to Royal Ascot with Yoshida, Rushing Fall and Lady Aurelia amongst them
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... up-1-races
I'm excited about it -- that's a very nice bunch of horses planning to ship over.
''Yoshida looks Ascot-ready in Turf Classic win at Churchill Downs''
“We’ll go on over there with him," said Bill Mott, who trains the horse for China Horse Club, WinStar Farm and Head of Plains. "As long as he’s training well, I think we’d all like to do that.”
https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/ ... _Downs_123#
ThreeMustangs

Sun May 06, 2018 10:18 am

BC F&M Turf winner Wuheida made a winning return today at Newmarket, winning the Dahlia S. (G2).

The 1,000 Guineas is coming up next at Newmarket. Coolmore have the favorite in Happily. AOB and Ryan Moore must be exhausted...
middleground

Sun May 06, 2018 10:35 am

ThreeMustangs wrote:BC F&M Turf winner Wuheida made a winning return today at Newmarket, winning the Dahlia S. (G2).

The 1,000 Guineas is coming up next at Newmarket. Coolmore have the favorite in Happily. AOB and Ryan Moore must be exhausted...

A pity Kentucky didn't get a bit of the beautiful weather that they're having at Newmarket.

AOB must have gone straight to the airport after the Derby.

Billesdon Brook was a bit of a surprise winner.
ThreeMustangs

Sun May 06, 2018 10:45 am

middleground wrote:
ThreeMustangs wrote:BC F&M Turf winner Wuheida made a winning return today at Newmarket, winning the Dahlia S. (G2).

A pity Kentucky didn't get a bit of the beautiful weather that they're having at Newmarket.

66-1! But she looked really good.
ThreeMustangs

Sun May 06, 2018 10:51 am

From the Racing Post:

Triple Crown bid is on for Saxon Warrior says O'Brien

Aidan O'Brien, back from Kentucky for the 1,000 Guineas, says his 2,000 Guineas winner Saxon Warrior is set to bid for the Triple Crown by trying to win the Derby and St Leger. Speaking at Newmarket, he said: "I would say that would be something. If everything went well in the Derby I would presume that's what the lads would love to do."
middleground

Sun May 06, 2018 10:53 am

ThreeMustangs wrote:
middleground wrote:

66-1! But she looked really good.
Agree completely. She was a very decisive winner.
BaroqueAgain1

Mon May 07, 2018 2:42 pm

The handsome Cliffs of Moher had a nice win today in the Mooresbridge Stakes at Naas, but the article started with this:
On a day when Enable was ruled out of midsummer assignments, last season's Derby runner-up Cliffs Of Moher staked his Investec Coronation Cup claims with a first win in almost a year in the Group 2 Coolmore Camelot Irish EBF Mooresbridge Stakes at Naas.
Read more: https://www.racingpost.com/news/news/cl ... est/330531

I haven't been able to find more info about Enable elsewhere on RacingPost, so it's a mystery ATM why she won't be racing during midsummer. :?