The Preakness

Re: The Preakness

Postby Treve » Wed May 17, 2017 5:23 pm

You gotta love the "big two" being side by side in the middle of the field. :lol:
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby Tessablue » Wed May 17, 2017 5:27 pm

Quick analysis: this draw wasn't going to make or break any horse, but both Always Dreaming and Classic Empire drew very well. It shouldn't be too tough for Conquest Mo Money to clear horses on his way to the front, given how everyone draw to his immediate inside is dropping back, but AD will be happy to take over the lead if he gets hung wide (Mo's connections must be feeling a bit unlucky right now, as he's chased quick paces wide in both of his last two starts). Cloud Computing might go for it from that inside post but I doubt it- if he does, I'm sure Johnny V will be happy to take back right off of him. And no matter where the big favorite ends up early, Classic Empire will be poised right off of him if he's ridden right.
Tessablue

Postby peeptoad » Thu May 18, 2017 5:40 am

No Lancaster Bomber, huh? I read a bunch about that horse and he's not even entered (not that I was going to bet him)...

Good draw for AD and CE. I think the outside pretty much ensures that CMM goes early, probably dragging the other along in his wake. I'm hoping Multiplier can just drop back and make a late run. I like him to juice up exotics underneath. I would expect an improved effort from Gunn as well; don't think he liked the slop at CD but he still managed 7th. Can wait to check the pps tonight...
peeptoad

Postby peeptoad » Thu May 18, 2017 8:11 am

trainer quotes re: post draw: http://www.xpressbet.com/readxbtoday?id=20012
peeptoad

Postby bare it all » Thu May 18, 2017 11:09 am

Not sure why Lancaster Bomber had so much press about him coming over?

I did see twitter yesterday discussing CUNCO is coming to Chad Brown. Bet he shows up for some Belmont grass races.
bare it all

Postby the olline rebel » Thu May 18, 2017 7:59 pm

Sorry, I don't hang around much anymore so don't read as thoroughly....

...but is there going to be a Preakness contest as for the Derby?
the olline rebel

Postby Summer Bird » Thu May 18, 2017 8:36 pm

Really hope Senior Investment has a decent showing here. The farm I work at bred him and they still own his dam Plaid, who is such an awesome mare to work with.
Summer Bird

Postby Izvestia » Thu May 18, 2017 10:11 pm

I love how frigging handsome Cloud Computing is. Rooting for him based on looks.
Izvestia

Postby Tessablue » Thu May 18, 2017 11:16 pm

the olline rebel wrote:Sorry, I don't hang around much anymore so don't read as thoroughly....

...but is there going to be a Preakness contest as for the Derby?

Sorry, I wasn't planning on doing one because the Preakness field is so small. I can put one together if we get a full Belmont field, and there should be a big one for the Breeders' Cup later this year!
Tessablue

Postby peeptoad » Fri May 19, 2017 8:22 am

I took a long look at this race this morning on the train, and it seems like the off the pace types are really going to be up against it. My guess is the winner almost certainly will be a horse that's in one of the top 4 spots early on, both because of a projected (per multiple sources) moderate early pace and the fact that most of the closing types would need to run a career top to even make a race of it.
Therefore the 2,4,5,10 appear to have the best chance at the win. If a person thinks Mo Money can hang on for that extra 16th up front he's probably best value.
I can't get a clear read on Cloud Computing partly due to his brief resume, but also the 2 stakes he was in were run in a manner that probably compromised his chances. He certainly had no chance in the Wood in terms of where he was placed early. If the pace is reasonable here one would expect him to finish better, however I think his best race might come from a midpack position and that wold mean more ground to make up on a speed favoring track.
Barring those two, Classic Empire if far and away the most likely (mild) upset horse if there will be one.

Anyone have any sort of opinion on Cloud Computing?
peeptoad

PreviousNext

Return to Racing