The Preakness

The Preakness

Postby stark » Sat May 06, 2017 9:34 pm

Well, where do we start?

Pletcher is 0for8, hmmmm!
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Re: The Preakness

Postby tcw » Sat May 06, 2017 9:38 pm

I believe Johnny V. is 0-for as well, although he finished 2nd with Animal Kingdom. However, this time they have a very talented Derby winner heading into the race.
tcw

Postby ThreeMustangs » Sat May 06, 2017 10:09 pm

Pletcher's first Derby winner never won another race. Here's hoping Always Dreaming does better.
ThreeMustangs

Postby MTO » Sat May 06, 2017 10:26 pm

So far who else is pointing to the Preakness?
MTO

Postby Treve » Sat May 06, 2017 10:29 pm

MTO wrote:So far who else is pointing to the Preakness?

Conquest Mo Money and Cloud Computing bypassed the KY Derby in favour of the Preakness.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat May 06, 2017 10:37 pm

I wonder if the two who were stuck on the AE list, Royal Mo and Master Plan, are possibles? I know Shirreffs was working Royal Mo like he might get into the Derby, so the colt should be ready for the Preakness.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Tessablue » Sat May 06, 2017 11:20 pm

I think Malagacy is pointing to it, which makes for an interesting storyline. Conquest Mo Money is going to be very live, while I think Classic Empire should really wait for the Belmont.

Super Saver was awful in the Preakness, but he was also pretty much the worst Derby winner we've seen in the past several decades. This certainly isn't one of Pletcher's strengths, but the good news is we know exactly what to expect from a happy Always Dreaming in the mornings now.
Tessablue

Postby Big Ten » Sun May 07, 2017 1:01 am

Beat Always Dreaming in the Belmont. No Lookin At Lucky quality to beat AD in Preakness. Super Saver was an awful bet who fluked because of the rain and he had Bo-rail. I believe Todd will finally win it. Have his first Triple Crown attempt. Then go against history at a juicy price longshot next June. Then again, we all saw how Nyquist ended up last year. Never won again after the Derby.

Kentucky Derby - Favorites and attach a longshot. Becoming a predictable race for the betting public during the last five runnings.

Preakness - Usually favorites. Top 2 betting choices. One with speed which AD has.

Belmont - Throw out all the personal emotions and just bet against the chalk who should be exhausted by then.

Unless the horse is as good as American Pharoah which I don't believe AD is. AP was a 2YO champ who broke his maiden in a G1 and won by daylight in all his preps. Happy AD won today but he is probably not even on par with California Chrome. I am just counting the days to see Arrogate in person. Now that's once-in-a-decade talent. Maybe Top 20 most brilliant horse ever. Then there's Mastery, Songbird, and Unique Bella to wait for.
Rock Hard Ten. Zenyatta. Cigar. Ghostzapper. Lava Man. California Chrome. American Pharoah. Seattle Slew. Secretariat. Affirmed.
Big Ten

Postby Kay16 » Sun May 07, 2017 3:22 am

Tessablue wrote:I think Malagacy is pointing to it, which makes for an interesting storyline. Conquest Mo Money is going to be very live, while I think Classic Empire should really wait for the Belmont.

Super Saver was awful in the Preakness, but he was also pretty much the worst Derby winner we've seen in the past several decades. This certainly isn't one of Pletcher's strengths, but the good news is we know exactly what to expect from a happy Always Dreaming in the mornings now.

I disagree, I think considering his inadvertent schedule leading up to the Derby...he now has 2 hard races under him (really only 2 races period since last year) he should be more ready to go in the Preakness than he was the Derby.
Kay16

Postby Treve » Sun May 07, 2017 10:09 am

Tessablue wrote:I think Malagacy is pointing to it, which makes for an interesting storyline. Conquest Mo Money is going to be very live, while I think Classic Empire should really wait for the Belmont.

I'm undecided about Classic Empire. The selfish part of me would like to see him run all three.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Next

Return to Racing