Conquest horses

Conquest horses

Postby bare it all » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:38 pm

After watching Conquest Mo Money...

Wondered if anyone had been "watching" any of the stable after the dispersal to see how they do?
bare it all

Re: Conquest horses

Postby Northport » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:13 pm

I have been vaguely following them. I don't have a set list, but I have seen a couple in Derby preps and hasn't one won one or two graded stakes on turf in California? I think Casse is a good trainer but it seems like a couple have really taken off since being sold. It really is a shame the owner got bored and bailed on the sport, but I'm sure the owners of Conquest Mo Money are thanking their lucky stars. A horse that cost $8,000 or so has earned how much thus far?
weeeeeeeee
Northport

Postby Kennedy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:14 pm

I have always thought that Conquest Enforcer was a legitimate G-1 level horse in the making. But I think he'll find his best results come in turf sprints. I'd be prepping him for the BC Turf Sprint instead of trying the Ben Ali.
Kennedy

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:42 pm

Another 'Conquest' doing well on the grass:
Rockingham Ranch and Chad Littlefield's Conquest Farenheit is proving to be a solid purchase for his new connections and showed his affinity for the turf as he picked up his second win out of three total starts in Southern California.
The 3-year-old son of Scat Daddy is now two-for-two on the Santa Anita Park grass after a 2 1/4-length win in the $75,000-added Pasadena Stakes for 3-year-olds March 19.
"What a horse," trainer Peter Miller said. "This is a serious horse. For him to run that way with fast splits and come away like he did is pretty impressive. It showed he could get two turns and it looked like he had another gear. I think we'll try him next in the American Turf Derby at Churchill Downs (G2, 1 1/16 miles May 6)."

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... ena-stakes

Not a surprise that a Scat Daddy likes the turf and, with that stallion now gone, any good son of his has the potential to have a future at stud.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Miss Woodford » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:19 pm

The whole naming convention reminds me of Standardbreds (Hanover, Southwind, Fox Valley, Blue Chip, etc). Only other Thoroughbred farm I know that does that is Mede Cahaba and their Class horses.
Miss Woodford

Postby Izvestia » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:01 am

Conquest Fahrenheit is a freak, and I think he can win some serious races.
Burton Sipp has one of the ex-stakes winning Conquest horses, wish I could remember his name.
What happened to Conquest Tsunami?
Izvestia

Postby ElPrado2 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:52 am

Oh Gawd. I can remember walking down a street in Syracuse and two guys drove off the pavement in front of me and got in a fist fight over two different Hanover's relative merits. It stopped traffic. Mid 60's. Everybody was nuts then, not just hippies.
ElPrado2

Postby genuinerizk » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:30 am

Sipp's horse is Conquest Top Gun, and Tsunami was just in a stakes race at Woodbine on April 15th. There's been a Conquest horse running at Mahoning- can't remember the name, but iirc, it hasn't done all that well
genuinerizk

Postby MySaladDays » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:31 pm

Conquest naming convention is like the Kitten one.

I find it kinda confusing as well as somewhat annoying :lol:
MySaladDays

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:20 pm

Not really the same as the Kittens. Putting 'Kitten' (or 'Joy') in a name uses the sire's name. The 'Conquest' in this thread's subject represented the ownership name. It is more like the 'Warren' we saw in many California horses, who were owned (and maybe bred?) by Ben Warren.
BaroqueAgain1

Next

Return to Racing