Breeders' Cup News & Notes - 2017

Re: Breeders' Cup News & Notes - 2017

Postby katmandu » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:42 pm

BB is probably wondering if anyone will notice if he switches Arrogate and Collected in the gate. What an amazing draw for those two. . . .
katmandu

Postby Ballerina » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:49 pm

Treve wrote:
Ballerina wrote:
Treve wrote:I don't think it's a bad spot if Mike can keep him on the rail without getting into a traffic jam. On the other hand I'd be concerned if he has to drop back and go around the field because those tight turns and that short stretch won't be very forgiving.

That short stretch works more against Arrogate and Mike's riding style. Florent is a very savvy jockey. Mike will have a hard time trying to pin Gunner on the rail since Arrogate drew the #1 post.

I think you misunderstood my post, because that's exactly what I meant- I'd be worried for Arrogate, if Mike and Arrogate have to drop back and circle the field. I mean if Mike can keep Arrogate near the rail without running into traffic the 1 gate is an ok spot, precisely because again, the tight turns are unforgiving to a big, slow starting, long striding horse like Arro. My post had no mention of Gun Runner and was not about the Gun at all :)

Thanks - I most assuredly did misunderstand. Sorry - I was eating a Milky Way. and I'm such a nut case fan of The Gun.
Ballerina

Postby Treve » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:00 pm

Ballerina wrote:
Treve wrote:
Ballerina wrote:That short stretch works more against Arrogate and Mike's riding style. Florent is a very savvy jockey. Mike will have a hard time trying to pin Gunner on the rail since Arrogate drew the #1 post.

I think you misunderstood my post, because that's exactly what I meant- I'd be worried for Arrogate, if Mike and Arrogate have to drop back and circle the field. I mean if Mike can keep Arrogate near the rail without running into traffic the 1 gate is an ok spot, precisely because again, the tight turns are unforgiving to a big, slow starting, long striding horse like Arro. My post had no mention of Gun Runner and was not about the Gun at all :)

Thanks - I most assuredly did misunderstand. Sorry - I was eating a Milky Way. and I'm such a nut case fan of The Gun.

Haha it happens! I'm not worried for Gun Runner, I think he drew great and he's so consistent I expect he'll run his race to the best of his ability which could very well be enough to hit the wire first. ;)
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby Somnambulist » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:18 am

Baffy has 5 horses in this race.

Race riding will happen. I just hope nothing as deplorable as 2014.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby Kurenai » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:28 am

Somnambulist wrote:Race riding will happen. I just hope nothing as deplorable as 2014.

That still pisses me off to this day. Grmbl
Kurenai

Postby Treve » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:53 am

As long as no one gets purposefully mugged like in the Derby or the 2014 edition... ahem.
And most importantly as long as everyone comes home safe!
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby Curtis » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:57 pm

Somnambulist wrote:

All in the eye of the beholder. Having Bayern that day, I saw it as reinsmanship of the highest order. ;)
Curtis

Postby stark » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:00 pm

Curtis wrote:
Somnambulist wrote:

All in the eye of the beholder. Having Bayern that day, I saw it as reinsmanship of the highest order. ;)

And seeing the coverage from the overhead blimp makes it all the clearer that optical illusions do exist.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:41 pm

Baffy has 5 horses in this race.

"Just" four now :P ...Arrogate, Collected, Mubtaahij and West Coast. Cupid is headed for the Dirt Mile, along with Mor Spirit.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby stark » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:25 pm

I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

PreviousNext

Return to Racing