Santa Anita Derby April 8th

Santa Anita Derby April 8th

Postby stark » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:20 am

Any clue as to who is pointing for this race in 4 weeks?
thanks.

Grade 1
Mile and 1/8th
$1,000,000
100–40–20–10 Derby points
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Re: Santa Anita Derby April 8th

Postby MySaladDays » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:19 am

I haven't heard anything, hope track maintenance does a better job that week though.

I've been looking forward to Florida Derby and Arkansas Derby, for whatever reason, my 2 favorite races of the season. I don't make my derby picks til I see these 2.
MySaladDays

Postby Diver52 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:43 am

I think Baffert is now sure to toss in at least one or two from the B team, er, late bloomers, like Reach the World, Bronze Age, or Kennedy's sleeper, West Coast. Battle of Midway I'm sure is pointing there for Hollendorfer.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Diver52

Postby stark » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:32 pm

Brad Free‏ @BradFree1 3h3 hours ago

Iliad = 95 Beyer runner-up San Felipe, may inherit Santa Anita Derby favoritism pending MSW route Sun (r3) w/West Coast, other developments.

;)
stark

Postby Starine » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:47 pm

Battle of Midway, who came back from his third-place effort in the San Vincente to land an optional claimer over the highly regarded Reach the World, is going per trainer Hollendorfer.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... anta-anita
Starine

Postby stark » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:58 pm

Starine wrote:Battle of Midway, who came back from his third-place effort in the San Vincente to land an optional claimer over the highly regarded Reach the World, is going per trainer Hollendorfer.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... anta-anita

Hollendorfer has the probable morning line favorite in his barn and this ain't it, 'bout time for him to call an audible for Bella!
stark

Postby Diver52 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:01 pm

Very true--really opens it up for the filly to take a shot.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Diver52

Postby tcw » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:05 pm

Diver52 wrote:I think Baffert is now sure to toss in at least one or two from the B team, er, late bloomers, like Reach the World, Bronze Age, or Kennedy's sleeper, West Coast. Battle of Midway I'm sure is pointing there for Hollendorfer.

...Or, run American Anthem in the SA Derby (we'll see how he fares in he Rebel), and run one of the "B" team mentioned above in the Arkansas Derby.
tcw

Postby MySaladDays » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:46 am

tcw wrote:
Diver52 wrote:I think Baffert is now sure to toss in at least one or two from the B team, er, late bloomers, like Reach the World, Bronze Age, or Kennedy's sleeper, West Coast. Battle of Midway I'm sure is pointing there for Hollendorfer.

...Or, run American Anthem in the SA Derby (we'll see how he fares in he Rebel), and run one of the "B" team mentioned above in the Arkansas Derby.

Would be about 21 days from rebel to sa derby, but there is cross country shipping involved getting AA to Rebel, so I think Baffert will not enter him in the SA Derby. Maybe save for a race closer to the KY Derby?

Besides American Anthem, probables so far for Rebel are Malagacy.

Untrapped is shipping to Oaklawn, where Lookin at Lee already is stabled and also in the Rebel.

Other probables are Royal Mo, Silver Dust and Petrov, Uncontested, Silver Bullion and Silver Dust

Planning on attending this race, not sure, I really hate crowds nowadays.
MySaladDays

Postby stark » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:39 pm

San Vicente Stakes winner Iliad and Cecil B. DeMille winner Term of Art, second and third behind runaway winner Mastery in Saturday’s Grade II San Felipe Stakes, are bound for the Grade I, $1 million Santa Anita Derby on April 8, trainer Doug O’Neill’s assistant Leandro Mora said Sunday morning.

“Both horses looked good this morning and the Santa Anita Derby is what we’re looking at,” Mora said.
stark

Next

Return to Racing