Santa Anita Derby April 8th

Re: Santa Anita Derby April 8th

Postby Diver52 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:10 pm

stark wrote:San Vicente Stakes winner Iliad and Cecil B. DeMille winner Term of Art, second and third behind runaway winner Mastery in Saturday’s Grade II San Felipe Stakes, are bound for the Grade I, $1 million Santa Anita Derby on April 8, trainer Doug O’Neill’s assistant Leandro Mora said Sunday morning.

“Both horses looked good this morning and the Santa Anita Derby is what we’re looking at,” Mora said.

I'm glad they looked good this morning because they sure didn't look very good Saturday.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Diver52

Postby stark » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:13 pm

Diver52 wrote:
I'm glad they looked good this morning because they sure didn't look very good Saturday.

:lol:
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Kennedy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:40 pm

I'm surprised that the connections watched the San Felipe and thought that Illiad was a stayer. He came home in 13.6 which is pretty much slower than any of the Derby contenders have run in any route race while still hitting the frame. Unless he's facing only Term of Art, Irap and Gormley he's going to struggle with added distance.
Kennedy

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:45 pm

Just speculation, but maybe Mr. Shah is so anxious to have his move to different trainers work out that he's not exactly seeing clearly? ;) :P
BaroqueAgain1

Postby stark » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:12 pm

Pletcher likes the fact it's G1 status plus the fact Mastery is out, might be a good spot to ship ONE LINER or somebody else?
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Previous

Return to Racing