Matt's Derby Dozen 2017

Re: Matt's Derby Dozen 2017

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:07 pm

I like Epicharis. He seems to be much more mature and professional than Lani was at this point in his career last year. (Actually, he's probably still more professional that Lani. :roll: )
I liked the determined way Epicharis came up the rail to pass the leaders in the Hyacinth, and IIRC Gold Allure has sired some very good dirt runners.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Quiet Chris » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:19 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I like Epicharis. He seems to be much more mature and professional than Lani was at this point in his career last year. (Actually, he's probably still more professional that Lani. :roll: )
I liked the determined way Epicharis came up the rail to pass the leaders in the Hyacinth, and IIRC Gold Allure has sired some very good dirt runners.

I like him too. He will have his hands full in Dubai in the UAE Derby. He will get a real test from Thunder Snow, Fawree, and Master Plan, who are no slouches.

Epicharis was a female though. I don't get the name. It must mean something else. And it would have been a great name for a daughter of Nero.
Quiet Chris

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:49 pm

Epicharis was a female though. I don't get the name.

Yeah...I mean no disrespect to the Japanese, but it seems that sometimes there is a 'Fail' when it comes to translation from other languages. I've seen some very strange word combinations in the names of Japanese horses, and also gender mix-up in proper names. :?
BaroqueAgain1

Postby tcw » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:41 pm

1. Mastery
2. American Anthem
3. McCraken
4. Iliad
5. Gunnevera
6. Gormley
7. J Boys Echo
8. One Liner
9. Always Dreaming
10. Royal Mo
11. Tapwrit
12. Irish War Cry

Radar: Irish Freedom, Reach the World, Bronze Age, Battalion Runner, West Coast
tcw

Postby Northport » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:16 pm

Quiet Chris wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I like Epicharis. He seems to be much more mature and professional than Lani was at this point in his career last year. (Actually, he's probably still more professional that Lani. :roll: )

I like him too. He will have his hands full in Dubai in the UAE Derby. He will get a real test from Thunder Snow, Fawree, and Master Plan, who are no slouches.

Epicharis was a female though. I don't get the name. It must mean something else. And it would have been a great name for a daughter of Nero.

That is, if Fawree can leave the gate with his rider. He was a bit of a dork yesterday and left the machine without Bernard Fayd'Herbe. De Kock is bringing in a horse whisperer to work with the colt before the UAE Derby, which he must pass a gate test for before getting the green light.

http://mikedekockracing.com/wp/index.ph ... t-secured/
Last edited by Northport on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
weeeeeeeee
Northport

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:26 pm

Northport wrote:That is, if Fawree can leave the gate with his rider. He was a bit of a dork yesterday and dumped and left the machine without Bernard Fayd'Herbe. De Kock is bringing in a horse whisperer to work with the colt before the UAE Derby, which he must pass a gate test for before getting the green light.

http://mikedekockracing.com/wp/index.ph ... t-secured/

Goodness, I wasn't prepared for how awful that looked for the jockey. Not surprised that timing it to remove his hood just as the gates open doesn't always work, but hard to believe he was considered a runner. Glad that at least some UK bookmakers refunded the bets on him. "Complicated talent" indeed. I hope the horse whisperer helps!
Sparrow Castle

Postby Matt Converse » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:00 am

My #10, West Coast, won today at Santa Anita but only faced two horses in a pretty leisurely stroll around the track.
Matt Converse

Postby tcw » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:15 am

1. American Anthem
2. McCraken
3. Gunnevera
4. Tapwrit
5. J Boys Echo
6. One Liner
7. Reach the World
8. Battle of Midway
9. Bronze Age
10. West Coast
11. Royal Mo
12. Always Dreaming
tcw

Postby Diver52 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:46 am

West Coast really looked lazy, as if he needed more to do. Tiny field did him no favors as far as advancing goes. I'm sure Bsquared will try and get him Derby points, and why not? There's no Colossus bestriding the world so far.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Diver52

Postby Katewerk » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:42 am

J Boys Echo sounds like a quarter horse name.
Katewerk

PreviousNext

Return to Racing