Matt's Derby Dozen 2017

Re: Matt's Derby Dozen 2017

Postby Horsebagger » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:41 pm

Diver52 wrote:Matt, appreciate your comments and insight, glad you've outlasted some of the critics. (Where did Thinair and Dustino go? Not that I miss them overall.) Looking forward to your analysis as things progress.

Couldn't disagree with this post more. Love them or hate them, some posters add to the horse racing industry commentary on these boards, others don't. It may be my opinion only among the masses of posters, but this place is less informative and entertaining without Thinair consistently posting, or with Dustin choosing to go away.

But maybe I'm just an a$$hole.

Matt, congrats on your professional success. Good luck with Book #2 and beyond.
Horsebagger

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:00 pm

I tend to agree with you, HB. It is never good for a racing forum's membership to decrease.
If the number of people posting goes down, it makes the forum less vital, with fewer conversations.
Even if some people aren't in line with my own opinions, I wouldn't want to see them leave the forum. And really, guys, I haven't experienced any truly bad trolls here.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Sparrow Castle » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:31 pm

I agree with Horsebagger too. I follow Thinair on Twitter so still see some of what he posted here, and I do miss Dustin's input (couldn't find him on Twitter).

Matt, I want to add my congratulations on getting your 2nd book published, and wish you much success!
Sparrow Castle

Postby Starine » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:29 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote: And really, guys, I haven't experienced any truly bad trolls here.

Your time will come.
Starine

Postby Somnambulist » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:16 pm

People really miss being told how inferior they are by people who are literally doing nothing important in life?

I'm sorry. I'm a bitch, but I've met people who actually change the world and act less pompous. This place is in need of more informants but I don't miss being harangued and vituperated by small minded people who think their expertise in a niche sport actually elevates their status in life. Getting a job in racing is nothing more than a nice golden knee pad for a lot of them.

I'm nothing special but at least I'm smart enough and secure enough in myself to admit it.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby Matt Converse » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:45 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Matt, I want to add my congratulations on getting your 2nd book published, and wish you much success!

Thanks! My second eBook release did well so they decided to release it in paperback too. This part just happened, I'm still waiting to get my first actual book in my hands--it's literally in the mail.
Matt Converse

Postby peeptoad » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:26 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:And really, guys, I haven't experienced any truly bad trolls here.

Me either. Not even close to the IMDB film boards that I posted on prior to them being deleted from the database (and I think the trolls were part of the reason).

And I'm another who agrees with HB's post, but the internet message board generally is a dying breed. I guess it's fitting that we discuss horse racing on one.
peeptoad

Postby Matt Converse » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:28 pm

I'll drop Mo Town but not sure who I want to move onto my list, the winner looked good but not wowed by that group.
Matt Converse

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:39 pm

Maybe Gormley? He did just beat your #6 in that exciting Sham, and his pedigree (Malibu Moon over Bernstein) seems suitable for 10 furlongs.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby peeptoad » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:34 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Maybe Gormley? He did just beat your #6 in that exciting Sham, and his pedigree (Malibu Moon over Bernstein) seems suitable for 10 furlongs.

That would be logical...

Anyone have an opinion on Epicharis? Obviously, it's an uphill climb, but I regard this guy more favorably than Lani, given they'll have the same final prep. That means in the Derby he'll run 7th instead of 9th, lol.
peeptoad

PreviousNext

Return to Racing