Dubai World Cup

Re: Dubai World Cup

Postby Sparrow Castle » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:34 pm

Alicia Wincze Hughes‏ @BH_AHughes
Jack Wolf of @StarlightRacing says Neolithic, 3rd last out in Pegasus, is confirmed for the Dubai World Cup. Set to ship March 14.

Said Jack Wolf on Neolithic to DWC "I don't know how we beat Arrogate or a couple others but we're going to give it the college try."

Wolf on Neolithic: "Our horse is doing very well, that's the No. 1 thing. Economically, it makes more sense to go to Dubai than the Big Cap"
Sparrow Castle

Postby stark » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:05 pm

Gun Runner drilled six furlongs in 1:12 Saturday morning at Fair Grounds the day before he begins travelling to Dubai for the $10 million Dubai World Cup on March 25.

Working early this morning, Gun Runner posted splits of 12.20, 24.20, 36.20, 48.60, and 1:00.40, and galloped out seven furlongs in 1:25.60, according to assistant trainer Scott Blasi, who watched the solo work from astride his pony just before the finish. That is a very fast work by Fair Grounds standards, and Gun Runner, in a video Blasi sent along, appeared to be going very comfortably.

Gun Runner leaves Fair Grounds tomorrow morning and flies to South Florida. He'll be in quarantine at Gulfstream Park until Tuesday, when the Dubai-bound plane carrying American runners leaves Florida.

http://live.drf.com/nuggets/35565
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Squeaky » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:48 pm

I wonder if Arro will have his final work tomorrow Sun? Will it be shown on TVG? I wonder if he will have a box stall for his flight like GR. Seems like this would be much more comfortable for the horse.
Squeaky

Postby Apollo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:14 pm

Squeaky wrote:I wonder if Arro will have his final work tomorrow Sun? Will it be shown on TVG?
I wonder if he will have a box stall for his flight like GR. Seems like this would be much more comfortable for the horse.

Transporting Arrogate should be offered on Shipping Wars. I'd love to see that. The sport desperately needs more entertainment and exposure to a broader audience.

Jarrett for the win.
Apollo

Postby Squeaky » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:16 pm

:lol:
Squeaky

Postby Northport » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:24 pm

Squeaky wrote:I wonder if Arro will have his final work tomorrow Sun? Will it be shown on TVG? I wonder if he will have a box stall for his flight like GR. Seems like this would be much more comfortable for the horse.

Do the shipping containers used to transport horses on planes even have a box stall option?

Wouldn't it be safer for them to be in a standing stall where they can't get bumped or jostled around. A horse loose in a box stall + turbulence = not good.
weeeeeeeee
Northport

Postby Treve » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Northport wrote:
Squeaky wrote:I wonder if Arro will have his final work tomorrow Sun? Will it be shown on TVG? I wonder if he will have a box stall for his flight like GR. Seems like this would be much more comfortable for the horse.

Do the shipping containers used to transport horses on planes even have a box stall option?

Wouldn't it be safer for them to be in a standing stall where they can't get bumped or jostled around. A horse loose in a box stall + turbulence = not good.

I would think the opposite. A horse in a loose box can move and find the perfect angle/position to balance themselves while a horse in a standing stall would be bumped around. Also for longer trips they'd be less likely to suffer issues related to shipping if they can move around.
I wouldn't think there's be a huge box but the typical 3 panel boxes they seem to use probably can remove panels (to ship larger horses for example) so I'm guessing it is an option, to at least have something big enough for the horse to be able to turn around. (Which would make sense since airlines require crated cats or dogs to be able to stand up and turn around fully in their crate).
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:43 pm

IIRC, 'Chrome shipped in a box stall large enough for him to not only turn around, but to also lie down.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby MySaladDays » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:04 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:IIRC, 'Chrome shipped in a box stall large enough for him to not only turn around, but to also lie down.

Neigh bother: how the Dubai World Cup horses are flown to the Emirates

http://www.thenational.ae/arts-life/nei ... e-emirates

First class looks pretty cushy!

and one about Tex Sutton (Air Horse One :)) Cigar flew by himself, whole plane.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielreed ... cfc6424796
MySaladDays

Postby MySaladDays » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:12 am

Apollo wrote:Transporting Arrogate should be offered on Shipping Wars. I'd love to see that.

What a great idea!
MySaladDays

PreviousNext

Return to Racing