Dubai World Cup

Re: Dubai World Cup

Postby peeptoad » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:27 am

MySaladDays wrote:Lani racing on Saturday I think, race 6.

Yep, race 6, the Maktoum Challenge 3, goes off ~ 9:55am EST and he takes on the likes of Special Fighter and Second Summer...
peeptoad

Postby peeptoad » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:59 am

Nice job on Long River controlling the pace gate to wire. Set snail fractions opening quarter and no one could pass him. Apparently there's a significant speed bias right now. Special Fighter was a game second stalking that slow pace, but just couldn't get by. lani never factored, but his style was totally against the track right now.
peeptoad

Postby carole » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:59 am

Long River won, Special Fighter was 2nd, Furia Cruzada 3rd.

Lani was 6th and Second Summer 7th
carole

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:28 pm

I'm glad that Long River won. The seven-year-old has a beautiful pedigree (A.P. Indy x Round Pond), so I hope that he's headed for a good farm when he retires...which I hope is soon?
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Northport » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:57 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I'm glad that Long River won. The seven-year-old has a beautiful pedigree (A.P. Indy x Round Pond), so I hope that he's headed for a good farm when he retires...which I hope is soon?

I wouldn't be surprised if he stays in training for another year or two. Look at Reynaldothewizard, Krypton Factor, Barbecue Eddie, etc. Those Dubai boys race 3-4 times a year in the Winter, win some nice prize money, get the next 8 months off, then do it all again, and again, and again. They're not world beaters, but you have to give their conditioners some credit for keeping the older geldings in fine form.
weeeeeeeee
Northport

Postby MTO » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:36 pm

Northport wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I'm glad that Long River won. The seven-year-old has a beautiful pedigree (A.P. Indy x Round Pond), so I hope that he's headed for a good farm when he retires...which I hope is soon?

I wouldn't be surprised if he stays in training for another year or two. Look at Reynaldothewizard, Krypton Factor, Barbecue Eddie, etc. Those Dubai boys race 3-4 times a year in the Winter, win some nice prize money, get the next 8 months off, then do it all again, and again, and again. They're not world beaters, but you have to give their conditioners some credit for keeping the older geldings in fine form.

Long River will retire to stud duty and I doubt he races after 2017. He might be the last G1 winning son of AP Indy going to stud. His dam is multiple G1 winner and Breeders Cup Distaff winner Round Pond. His connections had been trying to get a graded stakes win for him for several years due to his pedigree. He has won several non graded stakes over the years and also has several placings in graded stakes(G1, G2 and G3 placings), including in the US. Now he gets his G1 win which is awesome.

His connections said they are pointing him to the Dubai World Cup per this Bloodhorse article. A race replay is also in this link
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... -conquests
MTO

Postby Northport » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:43 pm

I didn't know he was a stallion still, there aren't too many of those that are full time Emirates residents.
weeeeeeeee
Northport

Postby peeptoad » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:13 pm

Gun Runner confirmed, per DRF...
peeptoad

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:40 pm

NBC Sports Adds Live Coverage Of Dubai World Cup, Epsom Derby To 2017 Schedule
NBC Sports Group, the home of horse racing, will add live coverage of two prestigious international events – the Dubai World Cup on Sat., March 25 and the Epsom Derby on Sat., June 3 — to its 2017 horse racing schedule. With the addition of these events, NBC Sports Group will present live horse racing in 10 of 12 months this year (all months except February and December).
Following is a look at the events NBC Sports Group has added to its 2017 horse racing calendar:

Dubai World Cup – LIVE on NBCSN; Sat., March 25 (9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. ET)
The Dubai World Cup will be run at the Meydan Racecourse in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Annually held on the last Saturday in March, the Dubai World Cup is part of the Dubai World Cup Night of races. Since 2010, the race has carried a purse of $10 million, which prior to January's $12 million Pegasus World Cup Invitational, was the world's richest horse race.

Read more: http://www.paulickreport.com/news/thoro ... -schedule/

This is cool; means I'll be able to watch the racing from Dubai in hi-def on NBCSN. I just hope that this doesn't mean that NBC will throw its weight around and prevent TVG from showing their own live coverage. Simon Bray had already announced that he and Mike Joyce (I think?) will be broadcasting live from the Meydan track that night (our morning).
Much as I appreciate being able to watch the races in hi-def, IMHO I'd probably rather listen to Simon's pre-race commentary than whoever NBC is sending for the event.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Northport » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:31 pm

That's great! Amwest usually has a pretty good World Cup Carnival livestream, but it will be nice to watch it in hi def on my TV, same with the Epsom Derby
weeeeeeeee
Northport

PreviousNext

Return to Racing