Unique Bella

Re: Unique Bella

Postby Matt Converse » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:20 am

Jerry don't play that.
Matt Converse

Postby Somnambulist » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:55 am

sweettalk wrote:are you saying the crop of 3yr old colts is good or something? the fillies may not be great but i have yet to see a colt who's put stars in my eyes.

I think this is a good crop of males. They're already leagues better than last years. IMO, anyway. You have horses who were solid at two progressing nicely.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby stark » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:31 pm

Kurenai wrote:If it would be my filly, I wouldn't run her in the derby either. I miiiiight be very tempted with the Preakness though. (Pending on how the derby and the oaks went). Then maybe another race (against fillies again) before some freshening up for the fall campaign.

She is most likely the best 3yo out there, but it's not like she will be done at the end of her 3 yo campaign. Wouldn't want to take too much out of her too soon. She's also not really easy to handle and the derby hoopla would probably freak her out.

I'd be more aggressive with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, I'd run her against a suspect field in the Santa Anita Derby to collect some points and leave my options open. I could still run in the Oaks where I'd be 6/5 or I'd qualify to run in the Derby if everything fell into place and she was kickin the barn doors down in May, I like having options! IMHO, that's a much better path than giving the Preakness future consideration.

As for the derby hoopla freakin her out.......I've seen her school in the paddock on a Thursday with nobody around, and she's the same handful you see on racedays, that's just her, don't worry.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Treve » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:19 am

Somnambulist wrote:
sweettalk wrote:are you saying the crop of 3yr old colts is good or something? the fillies may not be great but i have yet to see a colt who's put stars in my eyes.

I think this is a good crop of males. They're already leagues better than last years. IMO, anyway. You have horses who were solid at two progressing nicely.

I think so as well. No one colt is currently dominant but that's what makes it exciting, I find this crop far more inspiring than last year's without a doubt.
Unique Bella is a highly talented filly, undeniably, but I wonder how much of her dominance is due to supposed otherworldly talent vs an optical illusion.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby blamethewinner » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:22 am

Well, if that hasn't happened yet then they might as well cancel the Derby!
blamethewinner

Postby sweettalk » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:00 am

how in the entire literal f-ck did you get from "the colts haven't started jumping out at me" to "let's cancel the derby"?
We are tracking your eye movement as you read this signature so we can find out which letters are your favorite. Interesting.
sweettalk

Postby Izvestia » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:55 am

Treve wrote:Unique Bella is a highly talented filly, undeniably, but I wonder how much of her dominance is due to supposed otherworldly talent vs an optical illusion.

Huh? What does that even mean?
Izvestia

Postby Life At Zen » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:10 am

Izvestia wrote:
Treve wrote:Unique Bella is a highly talented filly, undeniably, but I wonder how much of her dominance is due to supposed otherworldly talent vs an optical illusion.

Huh? What does that even mean?

Is she really a monster talent or is she just beating up on crap fillies that make her look good?
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Life At Zen

Postby Izvestia » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:11 am

Gotcha. What if she's both? Monster talent, beating up on crap fillies.
I mean, she hasn't really been trying all that hard. Last race was the closest someone got to her, and she was having a bit of a rough day, and still spurted away.
Izvestia

Postby stark » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:59 pm

Brad Free‏ @BradFree1 1h1 hour ago
Seven days ago, Unique Bella won fourth straight. This morning at Santa Anita, she worked half-mile 47 seconds.

Santa Anita clocker Dane Nelson said Unique Bella went super in her first work since the Santa Ysabel. "Freak. Just floated over the track."
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

PreviousNext

Return to Racing