XXX
XXX
XXX
XXX
XXX
XXX
XXX
XXX
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Re: Unique Bella

Postby Tessablue » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:02 pm

stark wrote:
Tessablue wrote:Why does anybody want her in the Derby at this stage? If she pulls in that race what she pulled last weekend, it would be a horrific disaster.

After the race, when asked about breaking bad and rushing up, Hollendorfer said "we'll fix that" and I believe him.

Given that she's unlikely to face a field larger than... six? until May, I'd rather not find out then.
Tessablue

Postby stark » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:17 pm

Tessablue wrote:
stark wrote:
Tessablue wrote:Why does anybody want her in the Derby at this stage? If she pulls in that race what she pulled last weekend, it would be a horrific disaster.

After the race, when asked about breaking bad and rushing up, Hollendorfer said "we'll fix that" and I believe him.

Given that she's unlikely to face a field larger than... six? until May, I'd rather not find out then.

Based on everything out there that we can worry about in the first week of March for Derby hopefuls, Classic Empire, McCraken, Irish War Cry to name but a few, I think it's really a case of micro-managing to suggest Bella shouldn't compete based on the first 1/16th of a mile in the Santa Ysabel. If you were equally critical to everybody at this point, we'd wind up with 6 or less in the Derby!
stark

Postby peeptoad » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:19 pm

stark wrote:Anybody seen or heard an interview with owners The Alberto Farm this week, or is Hollendorfer pretty much the spokesperson to the press because he speaks english?

I'm still counting on them to catch Derby Fever before the 100 point SA Derby.

Gracias.

There's no way this filly goes to the Derby. I'll eat some small, inanimate object if she does. Songbird was already a more accomplished champion at this stage... if she didn't go, then no way UB does. Not with Dorf at the helm anyway.
peeptoad

Postby stark » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:26 pm

peeptoad wrote:
stark wrote:Anybody seen or heard an interview with owners The Alberto Farm this week, or is Hollendorfer pretty much the spokesperson to the press because he speaks english?

I'm still counting on them to catch Derby Fever before the 100 point SA Derby.

Gracias.

There's no way this filly goes to the Derby. I'll eat some small, inanimate object if she does. Songbird was already a more accomplished champion at this stage... if she didn't go, then no way UB does. Not with Dorf at the helm anyway.

I'm not comparing horses BUT I am comparing owners and I see a completely 117% different situation between FoxHillFarms and TheAlbertoFarms. Different experiences on their resumes, different objectives going forward etc. etc. etc.

Just FYI, at the Wynn in Las Vegas future book betting on Bella winning the Derby opened up at 300-1 and as of about two weeks ago she had been bet down to 25-1, so somebody is actually putting money where their mouth is and I wouldn't be surprised if she's a ridiculous 10-1 as I type this.
stark

Postby peeptoad » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:18 pm

I understand the differences... but the trainer is the same.
peeptoad

Postby Kurenai » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:37 pm

If it would be my filly, I wouldn't run her in the derby either. I miiiiight be very tempted with the Preakness though. (Pending on how the derby and the oaks went). Then maybe another race (against fillies again) before some freshening up for the fall campaign.

She is most likely the best 3yo out there, but it's not like she will be done at the end of her 3 yo campaign. Wouldn't want to take too much out of her too soon. She's also not really easy to handle and the derby hoopla would probably freak her out.
Kurenai

Postby sweettalk » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:30 pm

i'm already worried bout the oaks crowd scaring her. :?
We are tracking your eye movement as you read this signature so we can find out which letters are your favorite. Interesting.
sweettalk

Postby Horsebagger » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:27 pm

This crop of 3yo fillies is downright awful. let's wait until she runs a fast race before we start calling her a candidate to run and threaten the first half of the field in the Derby. She's not faced anyone yet, and who says she's going to get 10 furlongs in a full field with other speed?

Although her taking a shot and burning a chunk of betting dollars won't make me cry.
Horsebagger

Postby sweettalk » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:14 am

are you saying the crop of 3yr old colts is good or something? the fillies may not be great but i have yet to see a colt who's put stars in my eyes.
We are tracking your eye movement as you read this signature so we can find out which letters are your favorite. Interesting.
sweettalk

PreviousNext

Return to Racing