Fillies and Mares - 2017

Re: Fillies and Mares - 2017

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:09 pm

Mike Smith has quite the horsey harem....Songbird, Vale Dori and Unique Bella.
It's possible that Vale Dori and Songbird could end up in the same race sometime this year, and Mikey will have to choose.
I suspect Songbird will be his true love. ;)
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Northport » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:02 am

Diver52 wrote:Vale Dori continues beating up on any filly or mare not named Beholder or Stellar Wind.

The original plan was for her to go to Tapit after this race - luckily they changed their minds! She's an exciting one for sure.
weeeeeeeee
Northport

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:25 am

TVG showed an interview with Bob Baffert before the race and he said that when he first got her, she was light in weight, head-shy and very nervous.
It's taken a while for her to settle into her life here, but it looks like she's finally starting to blossom. She could get even better, making her a real challenge for mares like Stellar Wind.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby blamethewinner » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:29 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:TVG showed an interview with Bob Baffert before the race and he said that when he first got her, she was light in weight, head-shy and very nervous.
It's taken a while for her to settle into her life here, but it looks like she's finally starting to blossom. She could get even better, making her a real challenge for mares like Stellar Wind.

She's one of the most overrated horses in training. Another cupcake trip against woeful competition yesterday. She can't warm up Stellar Wind or Songbird.
blamethewinner

Postby Izvestia » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:11 am

Juddmonte has a filly who looks like she is stakes calibre - Vaunting. I think Chad Brown has her.
Izvestia

Postby sweettalk » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:51 am

blamethewinner wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:TVG showed an interview with Bob Baffert before the race and he said that when he first got her, she was light in weight, head-shy and very nervous.

She's one of the most overrated horses in training. Another cupcake trip against woeful competition yesterday. She can't warm up Stellar Wind or Songbird.

boy is she. I just looked her up on equibase and all she has are wins and on the board finishes. just dreadful really, totally not an up and comer at all.
Airplanes are actually much, much safer than trains and cars when it comes to flying.
sweettalk

Postby blamethewinner » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:44 am

sweettalk wrote:
blamethewinner wrote:

boy is she. I just looked her up on equibase and all she has are wins and on the board finishes. just dreadful really, totally not an up and comer at all.

I'm not sure what's funnier - that such a loyal fan would need to look the horse up or that you think your opinion is worthwhile when simply looking up a record. Was Peppers Pride the best horse of all time?
blamethewinner

Postby katmandu » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:12 pm

blamethewinner wrote:I'm not sure what's funnier - that such a loyal fan would need to look the horse up or that you think your opinion is worthwhile when simply looking up a record. Was Peppers Pride the best horse of all time?

There are other possibilities. . . .you're taking it too personally.
katmandu

Postby sweettalk » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:30 pm

...? it's funny that i double checked that she indeed has not been worse than 3rd (save a single start) before i stated as such? fact-checking is a thing - i'm sure most of us here do it, no one here has every horse's entire career dedicated to memory.

also, vale's in open company. she's done this in multiple countries. how you made the leap from a horse being groomed for top-end graded stakes to a NM-breds-only race horse is what's funny. a globe trotter who basically always hits the board, at this point, needs to prove she isn't exciting, and she hasn't done that. except to you apparently. not that your opinion is terribly worthwhile as you presented nothing to bolster it, whereas i went out of my way to support mine.

unless your supporting statement is "well she hasn't beaten anyone" which can be said of many graded stakes horses, but after going from argentina to dubai to the states, i see she bounced back pretty well, and she's been steadily proving that she deserves to have chances taken with her. her last 2 have been wins by 5 1/2 lengths, her race prior was a. AOC where she demolished them, as she was expected to, by 10. a 3rd in the zenyatta doesn't tell us much as the field was small and no one was catching the top 2, but she did manage to beat out tara's tango who was having a fairly decent year. i guess we'll know more when the big guns start dusting off their racing shoes after their winter holidays.

i present you with facts; multiple countries, graded stakes placed/winner in all of them, moving up steadily since settling in here. you go ahead and attack my fact checking, attack that i used it in a counter to you, but as a serious fan, having my facts in order to present said counter is important to me, more than just grumpily saying when i do and do not think a horse deserves praise. the 'why' tends to be a pretty driving force on discussion boards, and if you want to go through PPs the next time you want to make a counter to someone, i'm pretty sure no one here will judge you. they exist for a reason.
Airplanes are actually much, much safer than trains and cars when it comes to flying.
sweettalk

Postby Sparrow Castle » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:10 am

Australia’s best: Winx gets ready to return
In most racing centres it would have gone largely unnoticed.

But in the often intense atmosphere of Australian racing, the appearance of Winx, the nation’s best racehorse, in a training gallop went live on national television, was followed by a lengthy press conference and dominated social media.

Winx is more than a local phenomenon. She’s the highest-rated turf horse and the highest-rated mare in the world.

As such, almost every step she takes is chronicled.

At Rosehill on Tuesday morning the daughter of Darley’s ill-fated stallion Street Cry ran in a 900 metre barrier trial that no-one expected her to win.

She duly finished third, delighting both her trainer Chris Waller and jockey Hugh Bowman.

https://news.godolphin.com/news/australia%E2%80%99s-best-winx-gets-ready-return
Sparrow Castle

PreviousNext

Return to Racing